Portent

TV programme: Supercars vs Used Cars

This may be worth a watch:

Wednesday 9pm, BBC2

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/dc9t99/supercars-vs-used-cars-the-trade-off

Louis sells supercars to Britain's wealthiest car enthusiasts in London, while Darren deals in reliable runarounds in Bridgend, south Wales. In this documentary the two trade jobs, customers and bosses in a bid to meet or beat the other's targets and experience life at the other end of the car market. Darren is blown away by his new workplace and is overjoyed to be selling Ferraris, Jaguars and Alfa Romeos with eye-watering price tags, while Louis is thrown in at the deep end over a busy weekend and it becomes clear to boss Dave that his softly-softly approach is not cutting it and potential sales drift away.

Did you all watch it? I really enjoyed it. I guess it was more about the people than the cars, but Joe Macari's place - Wow!! :cool:

Was a very intersting show. Had a look at Joe Macari's website and saw that the London Classic Car Show was on this weekend. Looks worth a visit. Quick google search and you'll find a £5 discount online too.

Wasn't bad. Goes to show what you need to do to get on in the world though. The Welsh guy who wouldn't swat up out of working hours for a sale and a commission worth probably more than he earns in a week, just goes to show the level of commitment some have. Other guy at least adapted to his surroundings which proves why one is flogging cars worth 2k, and the other flogging cars worth 200k.

Yeah is was a shame, the Welsh guy was a really nice chap and had the right persona to sell, as you say just needed to do a bit more homework on the relevant info (like the previous values, not the fact you can get your kids in the back!)

I thought it was a great show and very interesting to see the high end sales set up

You could find it quite frustrating working at Joe Macari when many potential buyers are just after how much a car has gone up in value rather than anything about its performance. Commission of £30 per car at the other place was a real eye opener. Overall a good programme

The bloke selling the car would be the last person I'd listen to about future or previous price increases of a prospective investment

Work to live (not live to work!), who wants to be the richest man in the graveyard?

I really would love to have a go at selling cars.. not sure but I just found both environments in the programme really interesting. Naturally the supercars appeal more, but I thought both were really appealing for some reason!

I really would love to have a go at selling cars.. not sure but I just found both environments in the programme really interesting. Naturally the supercars appeal more, but I thought both were really appealing for some reason!

me too but I think used car salesmen are up there with estate agents and politicians!