Portent

Corrado on Pistonheads shed of the week

Yeah - thought that sounded a good buy for someone! Get it bought and freshen it up, someone :)

Noticed that for sale at the beginning of the week and thought it seemed a good purchase. Could be worth something in a few years.

It's reassuring to see a LOT of comments from folks expecting that to be a lot more expensive. Gives me some reassurances on values for our own cars.

It's reassuring to see a LOT of comments from folks expecting that to be a lot more expensive. Gives me some reassurances on values for our own cars.

indeed it is Jim - people are drooling over it

I like the post that says 'Shed of the year in the second week of Jan?' lol

I see Mr Cheesewire has stepped in to give some un-sugar coated appraisals of someones opinions :) lol :)

I see Mr Cheesewire has stepped in to give some un-sugar coated appraisals of someones opinions :) lol :)

People who regurgitate what they've read on the internet - incorrectly - need to be corrected :D

Bore wash indeed. Modern TSI / TFSI engines bore wash a lot more than Corrados ever did :D

Plus that whole "It's a massive engine so MUST be massively powerful be default" ignorance ****es me off as well.

People who regurgitate what they've read on the internet - incorrectly - need to be corrected :D

Bore wash indeed. Modern TSI / TFSI engines bore wash a lot more than Corrados ever did :D

Plus that whole "It's a massive engine so MUST be massively powerful be default" ignorance ****es me off as well.

ha ha id been waiting for your superb input Kev lol

Been having a bit of a crisis about whether or not to restore mine to stock recently and reading those comments isn't helping the "keep modding it" cause

10 pence millionaires, paranoia over a door handle on a £1K 20+ year old car FFS

I had two of these great cars my last vr6 L61 PWE are you out there . Really regretted selling mine so much so recently brought a cayman s as it's the closest modern car that makes me feel like the corrado did . Shed of the year for me :-))*

Looks at garage...

I hadn't realised it hit PH until earlier this afternoon.

I emailed the seller very soon after it went up as wanted it for myself (my valver is great, but it's lacking two cylinders! lol)

The seller was really decent and gave me a lot of info. It will need a clutch and timing chains, possibly brakes but he's not sure. The spoiler doesn't retract on one side all the time and the sunroof switch is missing.

With the one owner history, if it's been serviced regular it could end up a nice car but I can't justify the time on it, so have graciously stepped back! lol

Someone could have a nice car though if they're willing to put the time and money in to it. I'd rather pay the extra for one that has had that work done, but you never know if it's a genuine bargain until you ask! ;)

Post removed. Far too much of a cheeky attempt at putting an advert in! -- Jim.

Sorry My bad :bonk: even though its advertised on here lol.

Sorry My bad :bonk: even though its advertised on here lol.

That's exactly why I removed it. Didn't think posting your advert in other general discussion threads was cricket.

Been having a bit of a crisis about whether or not to restore mine to stock recently and reading those comments isn't helping the "keep modding it" cause

Stock(ish) is the way forward :) I'd have this in a minute if we weren't saving to build a house...the upside is we've planned a mega garage so one day when it's built, I can have a few Corrados..and a Scimitar...and Land Rover :)

10 pence millionaires, paranoia over a door handle on a £1K 20+ year old car FFS

It's a real problem for people running a car on a budget..! but why the heck would they buy a VR6 if they're running a car on a budget?!

FWIW calculated through retail price inflation since it was released even the newest VR6 on the road would have cost nearly 40 grand in current terms if it were being sold today. That's a lot of car, and that means when it gets old parts are expensive..

So after all that waffle on pistonheads the car remains unsold and the seller is now dreaming of a big payday and will consider offers over £1K......

Oh well, at least the low prices keep the cars in the hands of enthusiasts rather than speculators