Mk3highline

Think my car gonna get wrote off

Got hit by 3 cars behind me,damage don't seem so bad books takes a good slam to close

Devastated gutted I've avoided 3 crashes with folk pulling out in front of me before

Mrs was over moon lol said "we can get a family car now "

Took smile off her face when she realised the zafira is bit quicker than the vr

When it's ready

Still waiting for guy to come inspect the car, anyone roughly know how they will value the car?

Confused.com do a valuation of a sort which came to between 1000-1250

There is a similar highline with 10k miles less on auto trader up for nearly 4k!!!

And some others around 1500 that are older with more mileage

I'm hoping to to get the grand but knowing my luck will offer 200quid

If they offer you a price your not happy with, email them a link to that one on auto trader. Don't accept it if you think it's low. Have a look on the forums and compile evidence of similar cars to yours and show them how much they're advertised for.

I don't know if things have changed but I've always heard that if the accident wasn't your fault you can tell them you want it fully repaired

I thought that was still the case. As the third party you can demand to be returned to the pre accident state

Cheers lads but as much I was gutted part of me thinks if it gets wrote off buy it back then will have a car to get abused without too much worry of going done a ditch lol

But on the other hand want to have it tidy and dry stored

It's waiting that's killing me hate waiting

Mind if it's wrote off it will go towards forged rods and Pistons lol

Trouble is, if they do return it to a roadworthy state at your demand, it'll still be accident categorised. That'll have a negative affect on insurance, and should you decide to sell in future, retail value. Better off taking the cash, buying the car back as the write off and either repairing it yourself, or taking the good bits off and selling/keeping, then scrapping the shell. When my valver was written off, I bought it back for £34.20! I took some of the good bits off and sold them, then sold the rest as a breaker for £175. I got £1300 odd from the insurance company, and made around £400 from the parts I removed. Better to have the 2k to buy a good one later...............although it didn't pan out like that in my instance!

This is a little long shot but I really do want a golf syncro mk2 or3 use my vr to convert to rhd keep German plates if I can slap in 24v

See what happens as need to do all that without Mrs finding out lol

As I said if I get close to a grand with it being wrote off I will forget show and get turd load of go

mind you will lookin to how involved it could be to do an awd rado???

I'm the proud owner of a cat D vr6 lol

Hope you paid peanuts for it and the settlement was good