Hairyarse

Chopped-in my 2.0 16v Corrado today...

Nice buy Andy, look forward to seeing it.

Next meet, it'll be there ;) Sorry to be a tight ass and not buy another shifter but pennies are tight and I'm an impatient bugger! lol It only took about 20 mins tops to take it out of the valver as the tunnel was already cut, will fit it to the VR in the morning ;)

Tempted with your white rado as its in better condition than mine....hmmmm!!!!

Really? I thought yours was tidier? Pop over for a look if you like ;)

Oh no mines a right mess....rust everywhere! Its come up for sale at the wrong time for me :-(

Oh no mines a right mess....rust everywhere! Its come up for sale at the wrong time for me :-(

Oh poop - I take it the right time is not soon?!

Got the short shift in to the VR this morning, so nice to have it back! :cool: Washed the dirt off the lower flanks too whilst cleaning the white one.

Drove it, listened to it and dreamed of BMC CDA :)

Probably not any time soon :-(

I think the next rado will be a g60 or vr6....probably a vr!

Got the short shift in to the VR this morning, so nice to have it back! :cool: Washed the dirt off the lower flanks too whilst cleaning the white one.

Drove it, listened to it and dreamed of BMC CDA :)

Have you had it up above the 3.5k rev range yet? That's where the vr6 is at it's happiest!!

I had a gruppe M induction kit on it at one point and that was a very nice roar! But I think the standard airbox works the best, keeps all that hot air away from the intake.

When I bought my car it had half of the bottom of the airbox missing! It sounded great, but for obvious reasons I didn't want it to stay that way. I replaced it with a good standard airbox and I was honestly underwhelmed by the noise, and it felt much more flat too. I've replaced it again but this time with a BMC, and it sounds just like the hacked one, but obviously a lot safer! BMC all the way!

Probably not any time soon :-(

I think the next rado will be a g60 or vr6....probably a vr!

VR all the way, you know you want to! :thumbleft:

Have you had it up above the 3.5k rev range yet? That's where the vr6 is at it's happiest!!

I had a gruppe M induction kit on it at one point and that was a very nice roar! But I think the standard airbox works the best, keeps all that hot air away from the intake.

A couple of times Sam ;) Not had too much chance to actually. It does really come alive then though doesn't it!

I remember fitting a cheap induction kit to my old MK3 Golf VR6. Sounded great but as you say, with the hot air it made performance 'stuffy' so it came off after a day or two! From memory the BMC kit has a fresh air feed so doesn't have that problem.

I've been looking around and can't see a BMC CDA kit for the C available anywhere now. Does the MK3 Golf VR6 one fit ok anyone know?

nice mate!!

:thumbleft:

Oh and I did a scan today, it came up with one code, 00513 Engine speed sensor G28 – Idle RPM too low/too high or signal malfunction.

Done a search on here and it appears that this is normal with the engine off so happy days, nothing to fix!! Didn't expect there to be but it was worth checking ;)

Here's the thread I found - http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=87418&highlight=Engine+speed+sensor+G28

A couple of times Sam ;) Not had too much chance to actually. It does really come alive then though doesn't it!

I remember fitting a cheap induction kit to my old MK3 Golf VR6. Sounded great but as you say, with the hot air it made performance 'stuffy' so it came off after a day or two! From memory the BMC kit has a fresh air feed so doesn't have that problem.

I've been looking around and can't see a BMC CDA kit for the C available anywhere now. Does the MK3 Golf VR6 one fit ok anyone know?

Yes the Golf VR6 BMC is the same, oh and I do some nice polished Stainless metalwork for it too.