seanl82

RR day at Stealth 1/3/15

The top tensioner. The AUE has 3 chains apposed to the rest of the 24v lumps have 2. The tensioner for the top chain is obsolete and I can't find one anywhere. You can buy kits from a few places but none of them include the top part.

I'm pretty disgusted with VW to be honest, the doner car is only 12 or 13 years old and to stop doing critical parts at the age when most cars would need them is not good enough. What's more annoying is that I'm after the guide part alone and you have to buy the whole assembly at over £400 quid!

How do you think I feel, I'm running my new engine on the rollers for the first time :)

How do you think I feel, I'm running my new engine on the rollers for the first time :)

Likewise. I have to say it feels like it's lost a little oomph since about 5-6 months after the rebuild so not entirely optimistic it'll make the kind of power I hoped it would :(

Sean have you read further up on this conversation. Tensioners for mk4 look like they can be used

The turbo must be a bit gummed up then Jim through lack of use?

Wish my VR had a turbo mate! It's just a N/A 12v VR6.

I know Jim, I was trying to make a joke about the car being slow. Maybe I was being subtle!

Mines a 24v Chuggs, it already has all of the good mk4 tensioner except that one of them is a bit noisey and the one I think it is, is now obsolete.

I know Jim, I was trying to make a joke about the car being slow. Maybe I was being subtle!

Mines a 24v Chuggs, it already has all of the good mk4 tensioner except that one of them is a bit noisey and the one I think it is, is now obsolete.

Doh - I'm pretty good at missing jokes written like that ;)

rv7fl3w.png

"I moved here from Canada, and they think I'm slow, eh!" :)

It's OK Jim, I didn't get it either. I think it was a poor effort at humour on Seans part..........

:nuts:

That's what I say too. Unfortunately don't think people get mine in words either.

It's ok though, my wife is bound by law to laugh at my jokes so I don't get too disheartened.

Lucky you I get told to shut the f up and grow up

Love this forum.... When not supplying valuable information .... It's providing valuable laughs

Who fancies entering the show and shine? It's just a bit of fun and only £1 entry

Pete if no ones interested in this can I just give you a quid and pick up the trophy by default? :lol:

I'd enter but there's feck all point. Just shy of 200K on the clock and it looks it so.. but do I applaud the idea of running a show and shine for a bit of fun :)

Can we have a rough and ready competition then?

I don't think it's that kind of event mate ;)