seanl82

RR day at Stealth 1/3/15

How are you finding the ST? I was going to pop over to this with my MK5 but the clutch is slipping pretty badly. Vince has ordered a Helix for me but it won't be fitted in time, booooooo :(

Excuses excuses , is it the big nose your ashamed of why you never seem to be at any gatherings ?? Dont worry its ok iv got a massive honker aswell it doesent matter hahaha

How are you finding the ST? I was going to pop over to this with my MK5 but the clutch is slipping pretty badly. Vince has ordered a Helix for me but it won't be fitted in time, booooooo :(

It's honestly superb. One of the best cars I've ever owned. The ride is HARD no doubt about it, but the trade off is that on twisty roads it's just so sharp :) And performance wise, I think it would fairly easily show a VR6 a clean pair of heels. Crazy really for a 'warm hatch' aimed at a younger market than myself! Keep thinking about the MP215 upgrade which is a factory approved remap to give another 35BHP and extra slug of torque..

Are you definitely going Jim, only ask as Matt (redborbet) should have a pair of VR6 Front Wishbones for me? - Could they go into your boot until the CCGB AGM?

Ian.

Excuses excuses , is it the big nose your ashamed of why you never seem to be at any gatherings ?? Dont worry its ok iv got a massive honker aswell it doesent matter hahaha

Haha, OK I will try and make it with a dying clutch. Not risking shredding what's left of it on the dyno though, and being stranded there :D

It's honestly superb. One of the best cars I've ever owned. The ride is HARD no doubt about it, but the trade off is that on twisty roads it's just so sharp :) And performance wise, I think it would fairly easily show a VR6 a clean pair of heels. Crazy really for a 'warm hatch' aimed at a younger market than myself! Keep thinking about the MP215 upgrade which is a factory approved remap to give another 35BHP and extra slug of torque..

Nice one, glad you like it. I can totally see why you like it but for me the ride is defo too hard! Get it mapped mate. If mine's anything to go by, there'll be more torque and power everywhere, not just over a particular rev band! If it's factory approved, even better!

Haha, OK I will try and make it with a dying clutch. Not risking shredding what's left of it on the dyno though, and being stranded there :D

Nice one, glad you like it. I can totally see why you like it but for me the ride is defo too hard! Get it mapped mate. If mine's anything to go by, there'll be more torque and power everywhere, not just over a particular rev band! If it's factory approved, even better!

If you get a few minutes, check out the modifications that Matt Farah has done (runs The Smoking Tyre, puts videos on YouTube) with their project Fiesta ST. He's getting ridiculous power out of their car using all standard internals, turbo, etc..

http://www.thesmokingtire.com/2014/video-project-fiesta-st-gets-100-octane-pro-tune-review-dyno/

If you get a few minutes, check out the modifications that Matt Farah has done (runs The Smoking Tyre, puts videos on YouTube) with their project Fiesta ST. He's getting ridiculous power out of their car using all standard internals, turbo, etc..

http://www.thesmokingtire.com/2014/video-project-fiesta-st-gets-100-octane-pro-tune-review-dyno/

That is seriously impressive! UK cars should make similar numbers on V-Power as it's only 1 octane down. I can see a lot of RS Turbo owners retrofitting that engine :)

Not long to go now!

Here's the line up so far, if you are not on the rolling list or reserve list then head over to http://www.vr6oc.com/forum/topic/45686-rr-day-stealth-1st-march-2015/page-17 and register.

Rolling.

1. Vr6pete.

2. Bennyk

3. VR6CABBS.

4. Craig331

5. Sean_Jaymo.

6. Hofmiester.

7. Mic_VR.

8. SeanL.

9. Mk3highline

10. Sharki

11. Ssaunders

12. Calico

13. Vince12v

14. Popup

15. Mistline

16. Bluemotion

17. Cactusjackslade

18. chicaneuk

19. Vrtmatty

20. djiceman

21. Sharki

22. Vdubhead

23. DaveyB76

24. Dazza_95

Reserves list

1. Bealieboy

2. Wyrd-cowboy

3. Blackmagicvr

Spectating

1. Ibs

2. Vag-hag

3. Sadler

4. Jay-vr

5. Gwr corrado

6. Redborbet

7. Noggin

8. Michael5556

9. GT53BAD

10. Simcoep

11. KieranH

Even if you just want to pop along and soak up the atmosphere you are more than welcome to do so :)

Had to get myself down, and get the Corrado re-insured and taxed :) Looking forward to it!

Had to get myself down, and get the Corrado re-insured and taxed :) Looking forward to it!

Good man! :thumbleft:

I'm hoping to attend if I can get the bloody thing back together before I torch it

Really looking forward to this..... except my car is now throwing a lambda problem so it's all hands to the deck to try and sort that before next week.

Do we need to pay beforehand?

Really looking forward to this..... except my car is now throwing a lambda problem so it's all hands to the deck to try and sort that before next week.

Pay on the day Mic. :thumbleft:

Give us a shout, I'm fairly available over the next week or so.

Just out of interest can anyone come along as in just spectators? I'm in London on The Saturday and if i'm back in time I wouldn't mind giving my car a nice run on the Sunday and would be good to meet everyone!

Yep - according to the VR6OC thread they're fine with spectators coming along to watch.

Cool thanks - may well see people there then if there is a fair wind behind me! What is the start and finish times?

Based on my own experience of running RR days at Stealth Racing, normally starts pretty sharp at about 9/9.30 and will run till probably 1pm'ish at a guess? :)

Based on my own experience of running RR days at Stealth Racing, normally starts pretty sharp at about 9/9.30 and will run till probably 1pm'ish at a guess? :)

Yea they don't hang around. Although Vince has said the new rolling road software they use takes a bit longer to setup for each run. Hence the max number of 25. Historically we have upwards of 35 cars before.

I'm itching to see how mine is running. But my timing chains have started making a rattle and vw don't sell all the bits for an AUE lump chain change. Obsolete parts already! Oh well time to save for a 3.2 lump.

I'm itching to see how mine is running. But my timing chains have started making a rattle and vw don't sell all the bits for an AUE lump chain change. Obsolete parts already! Oh well time to save for a 3.2 lump.

Ffs

Which bits are obsolete?

Err what? Time to make some calls for when the time comes...

The top tensioner. The AUE has 3 chains apposed to the rest of the 24v lumps have 2. The tensioner for the top chain is obsolete and I can't find one anywhere. You can buy kits from a few places but none of them include the top part.

I'm pretty disgusted with VW to be honest, the doner car is only 12 or 13 years old and to stop doing critical parts at the age when most cars would need them is not good enough. What's more annoying is that I'm after the guide part alone and you have to buy the whole assembly at over £400 quid!

Did I read on here somewhere that an improvement is to use the top tensioner from a mk4?

My previous vr6 that I had the engine rebuilt by stealth had a mk4 tensioner at their advice. The one that doesn't wear out. That's all the detail I know though.