Sign in to follow this  
randal

Anyone got any 40mm drop pics on 15's?

Hello,

Just ahead of the weekend's work (hows that for monday optimism?) - Has anyone got any pics of a C dropped 40mm on standard rims? Preferably Sebrings as that's what i'm going to be running for a lil' bit - but Superturismo's would be superb!

Thanks

randal

Cheers jedi-knight83 exactly what I was after. :D

coolrado - no way in hell I'm putting dirty sandbags in my car, not after the cleaning she got on saturday!

Cheers again

Have you bought some then randal??? still waiting for mine to arrive in the country!

Looks good there mike ..... not particularly low - but how they should have come from the factory!

That was how I bought it - I put standard springs back on it for Inters.

Now planning to put my H&R coilovers to good use.

Also have some new wheels planned....

Yalan - Yeah, thought "soddit!" so I grabbed a set from C&R - mine are in transit too. Roll on Thursday :)

Mike Edwards - Nice one, looks like the perfect height - now why on earth didn't they do that from the factory??

Cheers again

Right - my Weitec kit turned up today.....

..... and I've one small concern!

C&R's installation instructions tell me the 40mm drop is based on a G60's standard ride (which is apparently 340mm)

This means mine will be about 70mm lower than what it is now! (2.0 16v run at 370mm apparently)

Will this still be allright on OEM wheels without any arch mods???

(PS Randal, 1.8 16v are apparently 360mm - ie with the weitec kit, a 60mm drop)

Ah i'm sure it's fine. C&R sounded on the ball, and it's a kit they've had experience with. I'm sure somebody would have screamed by now!

I've got a weitec kit on mine a 40mm drop just out of intrest what is the code no for it? is it VW001GT also what kit is it ?

All this is getting too confusing!

Well the Kit I have here (ends in 063) is the one weitec recommend for both 16vers and the G60.

Drops are as mentioned above.

But apparently a few people have complained that it's too low (hence the new catalogue warning that it is very low).

The nice guys there (Roy) suggested that I swap it for the VR6 lowering kit which is a bit less severe.

(rear height is adjustable so will be able to compensate for the less weighty front end in the 16v)

The VR6 kit has the part no - VW00001GT.

G-master - I guess if your kit has the VW00001GT part number you're using the VR6 parts. Did it lower your car much from standard??

60mm doesn't sound all bad, ok it'll be cosy - but not the end of the world. The annoying thing is, there's obviously no way of checking unless it's on the car :( Bummer. I'm guessing that C&R wouldn't take too kindly to having a kit returned that's already been installed...

Poop.

Yep yalan im using the vr6 kit with new top mounts,bump stops it's a better kit according to C&R and they don't send the other kit out anymore cause it drops it too much (60mm) that's what they told me :) Yeah it makes a difference looks so much better just the right height without being to low. It's a pretty good kit for the money :wink:

G-Master..... Sounds good ! They've got a VR kit for me on order now & going to return the other kit.

Do you have any pics of yours??? I was concerned with the VR kit being a bit high on the front of a 4pot car due to having less weight on the front suspension. But the rear springs appear to be adjustable..... so should be ok!

Randal...... good luck if you do go for it - 60mm is alot - by my reckoning there should be about 10-15mm between the top of the tyre and the arch. Low enough?! C&R will swap em for you for the vr kit .... but not if you've had em fitted at all !

Just spoke to C&R - they are going to send me the G60 VR6 front springs, and the rear just need moving up a notch. Yay for C&R!

KARMANN - Although the 60mm is nice, I don't think it's for me - bit too close to the mark for my liking. Thanks for the pics all the same, certainly a help in the decider!

Cheers again guys

randal

edit - YAARRR I don't know what I'm doing.....

Yalan, yeah could do with sitting a little lower on the front but not much,not got many pics yet only fitted kit couple wks ago but it's about the same as the one Mike Edwards posted :)