Wayne2015

White VR6 in Windy Yorkshire! :)

Oil temp is good. Can get up to 120 if really giving it some so nothing to worry about. Only way to tell if it's been chipped is to remove the ECU, open it up and check the eprom.

Oil temp is good. Can get up to 120 if really giving it some so nothing to worry about. Only way to tell if it's been chipped is to remove the ECU, open it up and check the eprom.

Cheers Sean!

Will leave ECU next time - no time!

Sanky tidying all this excess battery cables (amps? Subs???)

8956DD1A-79AD-4882-B4EE-528CEA88C469-1689-0000028DFC409982_zpsa83f6a6d.jpg

Am missing a battery clamp :(

B12732F4-BADE-4E56-AC40-CFDF84B62581-1689-0000028E03961A03_zps5cf2d403.jpg

What is this?!!!

Lambda sensor socket has 2 cut wires???

Lambda plug also 2 cut wires?

This BLACK cable what is???

Is my lambda working then?

Paid £100 and had it replaced already?!!!

09852DA5-C108-49D2-8640-6195E9984A95-1689-0000028DED42D492_zpsa5d324d2.jpg

Yep that's lambda. I'd be pretty unhappy with the garage that did the work if they apparently changed it!!!!!

when I had my airco put in years ago some oink never put my battery clamp back, it had a big penny washer holding it in for years.... eBay's your friend for battery clamp.... or if your cleaver make your own.

Havent brought my scanner along :(

Will test lambda next time when Sanky is free to dis/connect the lambda plug...

I'd do it now Wayne. It's a possible cause of your issues and its pointless chasing your arse whilst there's something obviously wrong. Will only take 2 mins to reconnect and insulate temporarily to at least find out if it's the cause.

I'd do it now Wayne. It's a possible cause of your issues and its pointless chasing your arse whilst there's something obviously wrong. Will only take 2 mins to reconnect and insulate temporarily to at least find out if it's the cause.

Do what?

U mean reconnecg the cut wires?

We dont know what they do?

Might be cut for a reason?

Even Sanky not confident reconnecting ...

Cut the plugs off and hard wire them? or get someone to cut a section of loom off for you, either way its connecting 4 wire together.

Cut the plugs off and hard wire them? or get someone to cut a section of loom off for you, either way its connecting 4 wire together.

So we absolutely sure we need 4 wires connected for Lambda?

Ok

Plan:

1. Just drove C home - not stalled yet! :thumb right: :shades:

- so leave as is for now

2. When stock airbox arrives - will fit that

3. If still no stall - i prefer to leave the lambda sensor alone.

- what will be downside not reconnect all 4 wires?

Again many many thanks to another forum member, Sanky

For sacrificing 1/2 his lovely sunny warm Sunday to look after my car :)

We did:

1. Clean ISV (again)

2. Clean throttle body

Now will see how it goes ...

If I had to guess I'd say the heater in the lambda was shorting blowing a fuse so they cut the wires to it? The heater is used to make the lambda read faster from a cold start, without it the exhaust gasses will have to heat the lambda to its working temp.

As you've fitted a new lambda there shouldn't ba a problem any longer, VW fitted 4 wires because it needs 4 wires for optimum performance

Depending on what the wires are for, it could be affecting fuelling and would have a big affect on emissions. You can see the insulation where they've been cut in the past, so they're obviously supposed to be there. I wouldn't leave it tbh mate. I don't have my bentley at home so can't check, but if someone checks their wiring diagrams at the back of it, that'll tell you where its connected and what is likely to be affected.

If I had to guess I'd say the heater in the lambda was shorting blowing a fuse so they cut the wires to it? The heater is used to make the lambda read faster from a cold start, without it the exhaust gasses will have to heat the lambda to its working temp.

As you've fitted a new lambda there shouldn't ba a problem any longer, VW fitted 4 wires because it needs 4 wires for optimum performance

Ahhh - cool

Thanks bud - very useful to know :thumb right:

Will deffo find the time to reconnect!

Wonder what the other side is like :eek:

U think i need to check all the lambda connectors

lambda%20pic_zps498dw4sd.jpg

Pic from my non running storm, the wiring was done before I bought it

Let me just clarify about the lambda sensor, 2 wires are connected with the car loom and 2 wires are connected with butt connectors.

The reason for this is I think is, the connections have broken on the car plug .

The Black wire that's not connected is on the car loom, but not sure where it's meant to go.

As the plug from the lamda has all its 4 wires connected, it's hopefully wired properly.

Will have look at the wiring diagram and see what's what.

Ah so all 4 are connected, just only 2 via the plug. Fair enough then.

Think it'll still be worth getting a pigtail from a car being broken and reinstate it though.

Just looked in my Bentley and reading wiring diagrams is like reading ancient Egyptian without the Rosetta stone!

In fact, I may even have a lambda socket I could post up to you Wayne. Let me have a look among my spare wiring harnesses and I'll get back to you. I'll check after work tomorrow, at the moment, I'm watching Bristol City in the JPT Final!!!!! COYR!!!

Depending on what the wires are for, it could be affecting fuelling and would have a big affect on emissions. You can see the insulation where they've been cut in the past, so they're obviously supposed to be there. I wouldn't leave it tbh mate. I don't have my bentley at home so can't check, but if someone checks their wiring diagrams at the back of it, that'll tell you where its connected and what is likely to be affected.

I have a Bently! ;)

I ll check!