awigman

Selling car - Am I asking to much?

I just paid £2500 for mine and your looks much shinier than mine!

Fogs/indicators super clear too :)

But good luck with sale

Not at all. Where else have you advertised it?

Its on edition 38 and I have just put it on ebay. Cant justify spending £38 putting it on autotrader. Its a great car and defo not willing to let it go for under £1500

Its on edition 38 and I have just put it on ebay. Cant justify spending £38 putting it on autotrader. Its a great car and defo not willing to let it go for under £1500

Gumtree?

Piston heads quite good too (not too expensive)

Some put it free on

Facebook

YouTube!

For sale in car?

Gumtree?

Piston heads quite good too (not too expensive)

Some put it free on

Facebook

YouTube!

For sale in car?

Thanks I have advertised it on Pistonheads now. Please someone buy it on here!

Thanks I have advertised it on Pistonheads now. Please someone buy it on here!

The last time I used ClassicCarsForSale and CarandClassic it was free to advertise ...

As im sure you will know there are a few Corrado and VW groups of Facebook - advertise it through these!

Seems a reasonable price to me given stuff like the leathers, and the low mileage. You'll find the right buyer eventually hopefully - just advertise it as wide as you can and prepare to deal with the time wasters!

Its hard to sell Corrado nowdays unless its a very low mileage minter.

When I was looking at mine - Corrados on eBay were being bidded at around £2k - but these were average G60 and VR6s

Think its one of those days u just have to wait for THAT one buyer!

At your price - I might have considered it when I was looking just a fortnight ago! :(

It's the time of year as much as anything else, give it another month and if the weather is ok more people will be looking at older cars.

Price seems about right although the mods may be putting some people off.

It's the time of year as much as anything else, give it another month and if the weather is ok more people will be looking at older cars.

Price seems about right although the mods may be putting some people off.

Do you think newer corrados are more desirable too.... Ie... L,M,N PLATES as opposed to an early G plate.... Unless it's nugget in colour.

Do you think newer corrados are more desirable too.... Ie... L,M,N PLATES as opposed to an early G plate.... Unless it's nugget in colour.

Depends on buyer

If its a second car then only upto 1994 plates qualify for Classic insurance (normally)

I don't think it's so much to do with year, as it is to do with engine. Early valvers are less sought after than late, but G60s bring the year thing up. A VR6 of any year seems to be more desirable than most, although there is obviously an overlap with G60/vr6 based on condition. Decent parts are more scarce on early models, but for some unknown reason tend to be cheaper.

I wouldn't say that is too much at all. Paid 2700 for my vr6 and it's body is in worse condition . My price was based on mods FYI :-) looks in really good nick.

I wouldn't be letting it go for less. I had mine up for sale and no interest even with all mods shown and the good side of the car haha.

The guy I got mine off didn't expect it to go so fast it was just I knew what I wanted and found it. Unfortunately we are in a nice market. And half the morons out there wouldn't know a Rado if it came up and bit them :-)

hi, new-boy clax from Lancashire on the CF. im just about to sell my white 1993 vr6 (111k full VAG service)which i have had totally restored. car was 2k and av spent 3k on refurbing the Beast. im hoping for 5.5k // i wish you good luck in yr sale. selling as just bought a STORM so need some £££ to do Bluey up.

I think condition is king now but more folks want VRs as they are more well known by the general public.

The G60 is already a niche engine, that will reach a point where a lot of folks will have no idea what it is and there will be a resultant lack of demand for them.

As for the valvers - I can't see many kicking about in the really long term as they tend to be the 1st to be broken and abused as they are cheaper to buy and run.

Well that's it from me. Corrado drove away with its new owner tonight, he saw it on piston heads so thanks for the advise. Il miss not logging on here most nights but maybe il own another one soon.

Well that's it from me. Corrado drove away with its new owner tonight, he saw it on piston heads so thanks for the advise. Il miss not logging on here most nights but maybe il own another one soon.

Congrats!

Did it go for the asking price?

When u plan coming back? ;)

Yep went for what I was asking. I wouldn't let it go for less.

Sold it to a chap from the US air force so it will eventually end up in the States.

If I do get another C it'l have to be a VR so you never know

Congrats!

Did it go for the asking price?

When u plan coming back? ;)

Cool. Be a novelty for the Americans of course as they didn't get the 16v in a Corrado :)

Worth knowing about Pistonheads classifieds - glad you managed to get it sold. Thought it was a fair price, and an honest advert.

Yep went for what I was asking. I wouldn't let it go for less.

Sold it to a chap from the US air force so it will eventually end up in the States.

If I do get another C it'l have to be a VR so you never know

Excellent!

And welcome to the VR6 Gang (...soon :))