Sign in to follow this  
G-SEXY

2.0 8v Vs 2.9 VR6

I'll also put money on it that 99% of you lot have never even seen a 2.0 8v corrado, let alone driven one. actually, tell al ie, you probably saw mine put out 137BHP at the relloing road day at dubsport........

Ive seen a few up here and all in bad shape !

The main attraction is that they are newer,but they didnt do them in Yellow !

chubbz

Yeah thats wat i was meaning,what about the mk3 8v?

Cheers Fraser

iIIRC there is a slight variation with the 8valver..............but can't remember for the life of me what it was :wink:

Yeah thats wat i was meaning,what about the mk3 8v?

Cheers Fraser

iIIRC there is a slight variation with the 8valver..............but can't remember for the life of me what it was :wink:

I think I've got this right... according to what I've found (and this is the confusing bit) there are actually two different 2.0 8V engines :shock: . Both of them were used across the range (in the Corrado/Golf/Vento & Passat).

The 2E engine dates from 93-94 and the ADY engine dates from 94-95, the difference appears to be in the engine management :?: Digifant vs Jetronic :?:

Since the 2.0 8V is MY 94-95, theoretically early models could have the 2E engine, whilst later ones would have the ADY engine... (this would also help to explain why these codes both appear in ETKA...)

:study:

DtM.

1.8kr head with standard cams . ported head, four branch manifold and 2.0 bottom end is a nice little engine :mrgreen:

I've got a 2.0 16v and yep I would'nt mind a VR6 but, I've got to be practical, I can't afford to run a VR, what with fuels costs insurance etc. I bought my C for one reason and that is that I wanted a Corrado, but not to teh extent that I can't afford to drive it !! The guys at VW designed the cars and engines to suit different kinds of poeple, and that includes peoples budgets etc.

Most people who see my car or have sat in it say that the Corrado is a remarkable car, even my bro-in-law could not fault it and he drives a Subaru imprezza turbo!! :D

I'm just glad that I've got one and this makes me happy :D

Sanj, I think a lot of people would agree with you there. After all, we've all go to eat and sleep somewhere :lol: :lol:

I'd rather have a 2.0 8v than a 1.8 16v. now they are sh1te. utterly gutless.

as appose to bald, depressed, short

I'll also put money on it that 99% of you lot have never even seen a 2.0 8v corrado, let alone driven one. actually, tell al ie, you probably saw mine put out 137BHP at the relloing road day at dubsport........

yawn