fla

heater panel cable clips

How do these fit back in? Should the curved end sit under the panel before you clip the other end on or does it sit on top? (does that make sense?)

Also, is there a method to reclip as it seems that the plastic is likely to break if you press the clip too hard!

The curved end goes in first, then the other end clips in place. It's very stiff getting them on, I suppose it has to be to hold the cable sleeve in place. Just be careful! Lol

The curved end goes in first, then the other end clips in place. It's very stiff getting them on, I suppose it has to be to hold the cable sleeve in place. Just be careful! Lol

As sean says and just be sure the pressure is on an angle and not straight down if that makes sense

great info thanks. Does it help to use any washing up liquid which will then dry up after a while or should i just try and fit the clip into place?

Shouldn't need any lubrication. The clips are damn tight no doubt about it but they will go on, and the plastic shouldn't (!) break in my experience.

How do these fit back in? Should the curved end sit under the panel before you clip the other end on or does it sit on top? (does that make sense?)

Also, is there a method to reclip as it seems that the plastic is likely to break if you press the clip too hard!

Lol

U sound like me, mate :)

Can't wait to try to replace mine soon - eeeek!

I suggest, particularly in this weather, that you heat up the plastic moulding very thoroughly with a hair dryer before you try to fit the clips, in an attempt to reduce its brittleness.

good call roger. Also, the clips are fitted in the positions where the white tape is on the cable outer sheath?

Wayne, you wouldn't believe i've been on the forum for over 10 years! Always something to learn about these cars...

Wayne, you wouldn't believe i've been on the forum for over 10 years! Always something to learn about these cars...

Very true, Hasan!

I been driving for over 20years and only recently realised the clutch fluid = brake fluid!