eleventybillion

STUCK BONNET HELP! Bonnet Cable Broke & Battery is Flat | 1990 G60 LHD

Ok, i have a couple of issues with my G60, firstly battery, this problem can be resolved quite easily (i will have to buy new one) but I cannot now get into the bonnet.

As I was about to jump start "Rockstar" other weekend, the lever inside the car snapped the connection to the bonnet release cable, and feels like its come loose from the left hand release pin. When pulled (with some grips) the right hand side releases, but alas, the left is stuck down solid.

Is there a way to manually release the left hand side?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Get someone to pull the cable from inside the car with the grips and you push down on the side the side of the bonnet thats not releasing a few times and it should release

good advice from jon

if all else fails if you can get the grill out (broken tabs?) you can trelease by using a flat screwdriver on the 'spring' mech

Nice find......unfortunately it's got nothing to do with the current topic :lol:

Oh :(

Sorry, my bad ...

Wot?

My original quote was of your advice on the gear linkage cable, hence me saying it had nothing to do with the original topic, while I was doing that you edited your post with the correct information.

No stress mate, just made my comment look a wee bit out of place :)

My original quote was of your advice on the gear linkage cable, hence me saying it had nothing to do with the original topic, while I was doing that you edited your post with the correct information.

No stress mate, just made my comment look a wee bit out of place :)

Cool

I posted it and then thought "where that come from???"

Then edited to the PIC I wanted.

So I was right then ? :)

Still

That article read about how to get into bonnet was a shock to me!

That easy?????!!!!!

What's point if bonnet release in cabin then?

Hope it works for OP :)

Thanks @jon_vr6 I tried that but to no avail, the left hand side is truly not budging, I even had the recovery Man from Green Flag attempt but couldn't get it open,.

@wayne2015 sounds like a plan that would have come in handy if already in place, will plan that for next time!

@lilfuzzer does that mean I need to break the grille to get to the spring?

Thanks for all your comments guys

You might be able to push down on the top of the grill and pull it out at the same time,especially if one side of the bonnet is popped ,you can then get to the latch or try pulling on the cable ,runs between the headlights.

when you say left hand side do you mean the passenger?

If you have some long nosed pliers you can pull the cable from the grill openings

do you have the 7 slat grill?

thanks @20vtvw ill give this a go if all else fails!

@lilfuzzer sorry my bad, I was describing as if sat in the car (I will post a picture tomorrow as its too dark at the moment) but yes its a 7 slat grill - great thought about long nosed pliers from that angle didn't think of that, may just be able to get it - just worried about breaking something as nearly all of the bits on the car are original :pale:

shame dude as the 7 slat grill is harder 20vtvw is right if you can somehow get the grill out without breaking it just pull on cable between headlights

I hade same problem with my vr6 last week . I broke the right light to open I will send you some photos tomorrow and you can get some ideas