Gwr vr6

Hid kit ?

Are they any good on the corrado as the standard lights are well , rubbish . I had some on an old type r subaru but they wouldn't allow high beam ( think it was a cheap kit ) is it a worth while mod or not worth the cost and effort ? Did look to see if this has been posted before . Also if a decent upgrade anyone recommend a kit cheers folk . Seen a couple of kits on fleebay at around 35 nikka , can't see them

Being any good at that price

They're illegal unless you have a headlight wash facility. They'd need changing out at MOT time to avoid failure.

My recommendation, and for around the same price as a cheap ebay HID kit, would be to buy an uprated headlight loom available on here. Makes a massive difference, and no cutting of wires needed like you would with cheap HIDs.

Headlight loom and better bulbs. The bright white bulbs are crap in the rain, the yellower looking bulbs don't look as bright but are better in the rain. Don't ask me why, it's just what I found.

Hate to go against the grain here but I have HIDs in my car and I love them! I do have a very friendly MOT man so that's never been an issue and from what I've been told by mates they look great in the rear view mirror as well.

HID's are grate and all my cars have/had them. No issues so far at MOT.

Forgot, they must also be self levelling as well.

Friendly MOT testers may let you get away with it.

All factory fitted HID or Xenon systems over 2k must have the above, as if they're dirty or poorly aligned, can cause dazzle to other motorists. I've lost count of the times I've swore at oncoming traffic due to being dazzled by these monstrosities. I hate them with a passion, especially when fitted to SuV's. :censored:

I've lost count of the times I've swore at oncoming traffic due to being dazzled by these monstrosities especially when fitted to SuV's. :censored:

Agreed!

I hate these things myself! 95% must be fitted incorrectly which tars the remaining few who go to the effort of fitting them properly. Proper HID's are for use with projector lights as well.

I've lost count of the times I've swore at oncoming traffic due to being dazzled by these monstrosities. I hate them with a passion, especially when fitted to SuV's. :censored:

agree also & even more so in my lowered VR as their chelsea tractor lights are as high as my wing mirrors!

however, i do seem to get my own back kind of as since teaming up the uprated headlight loom with ring xenon max bulbs it is now me that gets flashed even when on dipped beam (nevermind full beam lol)

So a headlight loom upgrade with xenon bulbs is fully legal . And does t cost the earth and I do t have to Harry the hatchet my light loom ??

So a headlight loom upgrade with xenon bulbs is fully legal . And does t cost the earth and I do t have to Harry the hatchet my light loom ??

yes m8

though the name of the ring bulbs is 'xenon ultima' they are not a true xenon headlight that you find in modern cars. i think they just have xenon gas in them

that said they are superb & a 'night & day' difference over & above standard bulbs (forgive the punn lol)

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r