Sign in to follow this  
Scott

Looks like the VR might be going..........

I had to buy some 2.4m length timber the other day and it fit nicely into the C. Now I couldn't have done that with a boxster

Just for a moment there I had visions that you were turning your C into the "clubman" model.. :D

"into".. not "onto" ... :)[/quote:6d69a]

don't you mean traveller?? :wink: ......clubman's were normally associated with Mini 1275GT's whereas the traveller was the Minor Estate with all the lovely wood on the rear :wink:

A friend of mine is picking up his 03 plate S3 today. He has paid £22000 for it with 8k on the clock!!! Am looking forward to taking it for a spin though....

No I hear you with the Audio analogy, being an avid fan of the stuff myself :wink:

They actually have BOSE sound systems as standard :lol:

I had to buy some 2.4m length timber the other day and it fit nicely into the C.

Really? Now that's good to know because I'm building some fences next weekend and was wondering how the heck I'd get the 6 foot fence posts in/on the car!

Now I couldn't have done that with a boxster

And you wouldn't want to either because you'd look a berk!

K

Well I have just spent 12 hours over 3 days polishing the VR - she looks mint indeed. A bit over obsessive perhaps but I took my time and removed a few scratches that I seem to have got from other people :mad: and put lots of carnuba wax on to make the paint smooth as silk.... all I really need to make the paint mint is the front bumper and the under headlight panel repainting to remove stone chips done. Will be done shortly.

Let the missus take her out to the Gym and has she backed out of drive and away I noticed a trail of fuel on the floor.... I swear she knows I am thinking of selling her and I have upset her feelings (the VR this is) :oops: but even then as she drove awayI couldnt help admiring those looks (again the VR) and having second thoughts.... :oops:

The VR will have the cylinder head / tensioners / etc all done before I even think of selling - but what sort of money do you think she is worth? And for a laugh what do you think the Audi dealer will offer me in trade in :roll:

Cheers

Scott

I had to buy some 2.4m length timber the other day and it fit nicely into the C. Now I couldn't have done that with a boxster

Just for a moment there I had visions that you were turning your C into the "clubman" model.. :D

"into".. not "onto" ... :)

don't you mean traveller?? :wink: ......clubman's were normally associated with Mini 1275GT's whereas the traveller was the Minor Estate with all the lovely wood on the rear :wink:[/quote:85e2d]

Indeed you are probably right. I'm not old enough to remember that stuff... ;)

"into".. not "onto" ... :)

don't you mean traveller?? :wink: ......clubman's were normally associated with Mini 1275GT's whereas the traveller was the Minor Estate with all the lovely wood on the rear :wink:[/quote:08007]

Indeed you are probably right. I'm not old enough to remember that stuff... ;)[/quote:08007]

Erm..... re-arrange these words?

TOPIC ON STAY! :lol:

LOL - you might want to explain how fitting wood / clubmans and Minis have anything to do with my car :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't bother with the head/chains if your selling it, and I certainly would trade it in unless the dealer gives you an exceptionally good deal. But bear in mind the Audi dealer will laugh at you for giving them a Corrado in exchange for an A3 1.8T!

As for value, £4 - £5K privately, 3K max trade-in.

K

Seanovr was offered less than that as trade in but it was only a speculative enquiry and his vr is in very good nick. I wouldn't even consider trading it in - sell it privately if you really want to change cars.

C'mon then.. probably something ridiculously under book value...

About the trade in price or what Audi you've bought?

Hopefully not the latter but did they offer you a stunning £1800 trade-in?

some of these car salesmen do have steel balls

probably because the amount of time they have been kicked there by offering less than fair tradeins

the sods

at least Dick turpin wore a mask :roll:

Bit of both really....£2700 trade-in....

And the Audi is shite!!!! :lol: :lol: and so is the customer service I might add!!!

I turned up in my VR all shiny with alot of people staring at it as I turned up... good start or so I thought.... not so - the salesman was a arrogant twerp who was constantly asking how I wanted to finance purchase - I told him cash in the end - That shut him up. He then wouldnt let me test drive an old shape A3 as he thought I should try the new shape... although I had told him several times I dont like the new shape.... and although I stressed performance and handling was important he still reckonned I was better off with a diesel.... this is probably due to me mentioning that I do 40k miles per year!!!!...

By now - I had seen several Audi A3 / S3 and decided that they werent for me... so I walked and got back into my VR6 and blasted off down the road :)

If thats main dealers in general then they wont be seeing my money.

:mad:

So for now the VR6 is staying......

Ouch.

I got more for that on trade in on my 2.0 16v!! And that was about 18 months ago, before Corrado prices started to get a little more promising!

Ouch.

I got more for that on trade in on my 2.0 16v!! And that was about 18 months ago, before Corrado prices started to get a little more promising!

Yeah but that was a trade in on a brand new paxo? - therefore they were paying you to take the paxo away :-P :lol:

Nope.. Saxo was 2 years old!

And I still won't have a bad word said against it.. was a great little motor, so shut it ;) :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I looked up trade price in various guides and seems the figure is about right. Even the salesman said its a collectable car therefore I should sell it privately :D