Sign in to follow this  
dazzyvr6

whats the best mod you have done to your c?

mine has got to be when i finally got round to uprating the headlight wiring,now i can see more than 20ft,imo the best £10 ive spent on the car

For the G60, it has to be the chip & smaller pulley. It gives the engine the power it should have had in the first place.

Havent had any money for mods yet :(

Though the best thing I have bought for my car is my Pioneer P7400MP head unit - to finally have a CD player after months of no radio reception and the same 2 cassettes (I dont have many tapes!) it was total relief :)

DazVR6, how did you get your wiring loom sorted for a tenner?!?!?!?! I thought it cost a hell of a lot more than this.

My best value(£0) mod so far was to remove my rear wiper that didn't work anyway!

1. Removing side mouldings - free and looks heaps better without them 8)

2. Homemade M3 rear lights - £70 including cost of second hand lights and flourescent light diffuser from Wickes :wink:

Cheers

Mark

2.0 16V

My best mods to date have been removing the side strips fitting 17's, slamming it to the weeds, and fitting a rear diffuser oh and almost forgot the powerflow exhaust (meaty!!!) There is more but cant be bothered to put it in words :roll:

DazVR6, how did you get your wiring loom sorted for a tenner?!?!?!?! I thought it cost a hell of a lot more than this.

relay £3 fuse holder £3 connectors £2.50 insulation tape £1.50 and some wire that i borrowed from work,fitted it myself which is dead easy!!

This will probably be a daft question, but what exactly gets "uprated" in the loom from the components you listed?

you may of noticed that on older vw's the lights are pants,because of the way vw did the headlight wiring loom the voltage loses 2v by the time it gets to the bulbs,all you are doing is shortening the loom so that by the time it reaches the bulb it is still 12v or near abouts,by fitting higher amp wire you can use higher wattage bulbs also

dont mean to be rude, but I cant imagine the additional length of wire will drop the P.d. by 2volts. If it did it would be getting seriously hot and would have to have massive resistance. Are you sure there are no diodes etc in the wire you are removing?

on another note, my favourite mod has been whatever p.d. did to my air box to get me the induction roar I now have.

Where do I go for a chip and pulley then? Can feel the car crying out for more power now and think it would make a worthwhile difference.

we have a chip and pulley here waiting for you if you want it? i have been trying to call you adam....

you may of noticed that on older vw's the lights are pants,because of the way vw did the headlight wiring loom the voltage loses 2v by the time it gets to the bulbs,all you are doing is shortening the loom so that by the time it reaches the bulb it is still 12v or near abouts,by fitting higher amp wire you can use higher wattage bulbs also

How can the voltage change, surely the current will drop cos of the resistance of the circuit and a cheap meter may show this a voltage drop.

even a flat battery will still put out the same voltage it just lacks the current to push it out, thats why the battery goes flat.

thats why a variable resistor is used for the dash lights to turn them up and down, the voltage stays the same, the currents is reduced and heat is given off.

Current in a series circuit is the same everywhere, only the voltage drops.

But the headlights are wired in parrellel surely otherwise if one bulb goes the othergoes out too. :?

This will probably be a daft question, but what exactly gets "uprated" in the loom from the components you listed?

Basically the headlight loom mod uses the factory wirng harness to power 2 relays (for the dipped beam i think ) wired to the headlights, the power comes direct fromt the battery and thus brighter lights. when you turn the lights on with the switch it triggeres the relay and the lights come on. i think the main beam if still ran from the normall loom unless that is uprated to. I've not done the mod yet but will be after xmas.

take a look on the user group files and there is a file there on how to do it by andy bryant,and he tested it before and after and before there was a 2volt drop and on the uprated there was none,ive done the mod and believe me it makes one hell of a difference

Reading your thoughts ref uprated wiring for the headlights is like re-living my worst Physics lesson at school. Fact, the Corrado lighting performance in standard form is pants. Fact, the more wire used to execute a wiring circuit the higher the resistance will become. Fact, the addition of relays into the lighting circuit will greatly assist the provision of consistant current, able to meet load demand. The variable to consider is the execution and installation of "wiring upgrades". For our own part we produce a loom thats neatly integrates with the oe item and utilises oe headlamp plugs. This loom meets the requirements of standard or uprated bulbs. Wiring is not "rocket science" but does require a certain aptitude, gone wrong is a fire in the making. I have some hates in this department ie Scothlok connectors, twisted wire joinery and incorrect wire diameter. If in doubt DON'T DO IT. All the same i can deffinately say that this is a must do for any Corrado. On a different tack as regards my best mod. I would say that i have done countless to my Corrado and enjoyed them all, so much in fact that i will not name the best one because i have not thought of it yet! So i'll just have to keep modding, it's a drug and i won't say no.

Think I may have to take one of those off your hands darren!!

I think I still have your bank details somewhere :lol: !!

I'll have a word when I see you on messenger next.

8vg60, Yeah I think I agree with VR6, I will get in contact with you for the uprated loom too. It`s always nice to see where your going in the dark :!: :!:

sorry I wasnt clear in the physics lesson before guys.

all circuits in a car are obviously parallel to eachother, else yes if one died the lot would fail, plus 12v would not be enough.

But if considering one circuit, such as the lighting for one headlamp, then along the link between the battery and the bulb and back, it is a series circuit, and all the voltage drops along that path must add up to 12v and all the currents will be the same at any point along that same path.

adam m if you did the wiring mod(not really a mod but a neccessity)you would notice the difference straight away,because some where along the wiring it is loosing 2v

i put my money where my mouth and got around to fitting one of our kits to my c today.Just been out for a drive and they honestly are 100% better than before you can actually see now !