borarob

Valver Project, back from the body shop!!

i've decided to keep the rear wiper. I don't want to do anything that can't be put back to original so if i decide later to lose it i'll go down the grommet route...

THe suspension is nothing special, just a cheap kit to get the height I wanted. Plan is to fit bags next year so didn't want to spend loads on coils now...

so stripping the stoneguard was definitely a good idea, it was hiding a right mess. Once water gets in between it and the metal its curtains for your sill.

FB_IMG_1435296050356.jpg

FB_IMG_1435296039513.jpg

outwardly the sill looked fine so be warned!!

new metal now in for the side repeater in the wing...

FB_IMG_1435296074450.jpg

got some bits to drop in this avo so hopefully a few pics of the fixed sills!

I know that feeling, is a nightmare when you scrap off some of the underseal that looks fine and underneath is busy rusting away.

some fairly serious repair work going on there, always thought it was a shame VW didn't go fully galvanized on the corrado given the cost of the cars new and the fact audi had aleady been doing it for several years on the A80, still, for their age the Corrados have generally lasted really well

Will be nice to know when I get it back that it is all solid and there's no rot hiding anywhere!

Guess they always have to look worse before getting better. You can't make an omelette.....

Mine had gone at the bottom of the A pillars, have you checked round the screen thoroughly? Mine had a rust hole round the screen that was letting in water that goes straight down and sits at the bottom of the A pillar, especially around the wing bolt

another trip the body shop today:

20150630_114328.jpg

20150630_114821.jpg

20150630_114826.jpg

also made some progress on a second set of rear lights that I am going to go all read with

rubbed down and lettering removed

20150630_093342.jpg

masked up and ready to spray with tint later

20150630_103406.jpg

car should be getting 'wet' this week so hopefully so pics with new paint towards the weekend

Light at the end of the tunnel. Bet you can't wait. Can I make one small suggestion if you can use 2k laquer on the rear lights http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/321762035388?nav=SEARCH as the single pack will end up looking dull next to the fresh laquer. It's easy to use just push the button at the bottom of the can to mix and it will last 24-48 hours before going off in the can.

thanks for the tip. last time I made a set i used standard lacquer from halfords and I thought they came out pretty well...

100_1169.jpg

100_1172.jpg

progress on the new set of red rears, first two coats of tint

20150702_200926.jpg

will be flatting back with 1200 before another two coats and then on to the lacquer...

another pic of the rado, hoping to get some pics back today that show some paint!

FB_IMG_1435850483047.jpg

getting there....

It's coming together nicely this is! I like what you've done with the rear lights they look really good!

I found plenty of corrosion on my 16v but as already said for 20+year old cars they have held up really well!

How come you've opted to smooth the outer sill face and not stone chip? It'll chip up quite easily mate without stone guard!

Cheers. The very lower part will be stoneguard feathered on top edge to smooth. It causes more trouble than it solves, having just fixed all the holes I don't want to recreate the conditions for more lol!

further plans will be air and engine, ideally forced induction of the current lump but if not then something tasty like a 2.0 TFSI

bit of progress on the all red rears, flatted before another coat of red tint. Will stick that on tonight so I can start lacquering them tomorrow evening

20150707_100430.jpg

went by the body shop today, good news and bad news. Good is that all is going really well, bad news is that its not going to be done by the weekend so I wont be able to show it at Dorset Volksfest boohoo....

Anyway a few more pics...

20150707_121515.jpg

20150707_121521.jpg

20150707_121603.jpg

20150707_121633.jpg

20150707_121656.jpg

20150707_122307.jpg

20150707_122326.jpg

20150707_122337.jpg

should be some colour on it in the next few days. No looking like the end of next week, by the time its all put back together...

did the second two coats of tint last night, lacquer this eve.

Also bought some wind deflectors up at Inters at the weekend, for the bargain price of £20. Can't wait to this back!! need to be strong when i do and resist the urge to wax it for a month or so!

Nice. Bet you can't wait. How long does he recon till its back on the road?

yup very excited! At the latest it will be the end of next week. All colour will be done today and lacquer will be done monday / tuesday, then a couple of days to put it back together...