borarob

Valver Project, back from the body shop!!

a couple of pics from todays visit. everything has now been painted, 'just' needs flat and polish

20150714_112521.jpg

20150714_112740.jpg

20150714_112605.jpg

bumpers after f&p, looking sexy!

FB_IMG_1436886035474.jpg

also i finished my all red rears and dropped them off ready for the fit up later in the week

after the lacquer had dried for a few days I flatted back with 1200 grit (right hand light), then used Megs Scratch X to polish up to a shine, love this stuff, leaves no micro scratches or swirls at all, the one on the left is the finished article

20150714_093330.jpg

now to order some amber LED bulbs....

What's next bags or has the wallet got to recover first? You going to any shows this year?

bags will be next along with engine bits, though as you say wallet definitely has to recover first! Edition 38 is on my radar but it looks like most of my weekends are now booked up until then so not sure i'll get in anything else.

small update, mirrors finished last night. the other part of them will be gloss black, these are brand new mirrors from which ever website it was that was doing them dirt cheap!

FB_IMG_1436944015312.jpg

thanks for the feedback guys. can't wait to get it back and take her somewhere pretty for some photo action!

Very nice mate, new paint is the best ain't it!really like the all reds! I think I'll have to redo mine :D

Btw how did you remove he lettering from them?

Very nice mate, new paint is the best ain't it!really like the all reds! I think I'll have to redo mine :D

Btw how did you remove he lettering from them?

Elbow grease and firstly a craft knife then 400 grit wet and dry. If anyone is going to do their lights I can't stress enough how important it is to flat well. 400 then 800 then 1200, each time when you think you've finished, keep going for another 30 minutes!

Haha. It's done!! Going to pick it up later. Whoop whoop!!

Photo shoot time. Bet you spend longer admiring her than driving.

ok so i got her back late yesterday afternoon. She needs a wash (very mild with all new kit that is softer than a baby's ass crossed with a peach covered in feathers), but even without that I'm very pleased! Took it out for some pics and within seconds someone wandered over to have a look and tell me how nice it looked!!

I love the rear end, all reds turned out great, even if i do say so myself. I bought some very bright (and expensive) Cree based LED amber bulbs, they are amazing, shine through 100% amber, not even a dark amber, perfect. As you can see have gone for gloss black rear plinth along with gloss black corrado script and new black rear badge

20150721_204830.jpg

yummy! picked up the window deflectors at Inters, love the look, also fitted the new pressed plates I had made up/

20150721_204805.jpg

front end, have continued the gloss black theme for the badgeless grille. I think at some point i'll do the headlamp surround gloss as well.

20150721_200639.jpg

you cant tell too well here but also gloss black for the inner piece of the wing mirrors, which are brand new ones, nice smooth action now

20150721_200427.jpg

20150721_200617.jpg

hehe, new sticker

20150721_201633.jpg

I'm now after a lupo / TT wiper set up so if anyone has anything lying around, let me know

Yeah a pair. I think they are flashing a bit quicker than standard but it's Def not the crazy speed setting. I'll try and get a pic so you can see how they light up

Yeah a pair. I think they are flashing a bit quicker than standard but it's Def not the crazy speed setting. I'll try and get a pic so you can see how they light up

You need some resistors in there to get the speed right

Isn't there some led bulbs available now that have the resistor built in so you don't have to do any chopping? I was debating weather to have red indicators or buy some more led bulbs, the first ones I had were crap