Sign in to follow this  
dubster82

reckon merc will be willing to sell these easily?

This is going to annoy me untill i find out for sure where that badge is!

Good to hear bout kames Roddy,so will both Cs be there or travelling together?

Cheers Fraser

should do..............a wee mini C convoy :wink:

Just had a look on the Karmann website to see if I could find any info on that badge, no luck i'm affraid, but I did find this pic of the first corrodos coming of the production line......

Ahhhhh, friday afternoon in the karmann factory :lol:

LOL even as new the center caps on the sebrings are faded :lol:

Ive got it now,Its off the mk1 SLK but its not behind the door its in front of the drivers door (ie,towards the front of the car)

Sorry to p**s on your bonfire matey - MK1 SLK's had no external (factory fitted) Karmann badges at all. Only badges fitted in front of the doors were "Kompressor" badges :p

Badge must have originated from a different vehicle

Doh :)

Well I emailed a guy off another forum that I know of who works for Mercedes-Benz parts counter at a dealership.. he doesn't actually know me, but I know he works for em.. so I hope he gets back to me with a little info. Though I have thrown him astray by jumping the gun and telling him it was the C Class Cabrio... :(

You could always have just asked me Jim :roll:

Sorry to p**s on your bonfire matey - MK1 SLK's had no external (factory fitted) Karmann badges at all. Only badges fitted in front of the doors were "Kompressor" badges

Im sticking by my prediction,i never mentioned that ive seen a Karmann badge on one but-im 99% sure its the very same make and model and the exact spot i mentioned,somebody has replaced the Kompressor badges with the Karmann one.

Cheers Fraser

Sorry to p**s on your bonfire matey - MK1 SLK's had no external (factory fitted) Karmann badges at all. Only badges fitted in front of the doors were "Kompressor" badges

Im sticking by my prediction,i never mentioned that ive seen a Karmann badge on one but-im 99% sure its the very same make and model and the exact spot i mentioned,somebody has replaced the Kompressor badges with the Karmann one.

Cheers Fraser

I thought we were trying to find the origin of the badge :?:

Doh.. well I didn't think it would be a GSF stocked part to be honest.. trim and such pieces would be more of a dealer part? :)

Doh.. well I didn't think it would be a GSF stocked part to be honest.. trim and such pieces would be more of a dealer part? :)

I worked for Mercedes for 13 years - just been trying to get hold of their technical manager (friend of mine) on the phone - looks like he's on holiday though :(

Mercedes tend to view their own reputation as being better than anybody elses & it is highly unlikely that this "Karmann" badge originated from one of their vehicles.

See, I didn't know that you had those kinds of contacts, or that kind of history :)

Sorry! :D

See, I didn't know that you had those kinds of contacts, or that kind of history :)

No worries Jim - I have many friends :wink:

thers no saying it's even off a merc....

as i tried to say, i was lookin thro a gallery of pics and this one came up, on the same page with mostly the merc i also posted. it coulda been a badge off another marque altogether

it could be a concept as it was the NEC motorshow :roll:

thers no saying it's even off a merc....

as i tried to say, i was lookin thro a gallery of pics and this one came up, on the same page with mostly the merc i also posted. it coulda been a badge off another marque altogether

it could be a concept as it was the NEC motorshow :roll:

well if you weren't sure.....perhaps you shouldn't have titled the thread as you did :roll: :wink: :-P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

driving around chester today and saw a new renault megane cabriolet which had very similar karmann stickers at the base of the front door frames :?

Well I went to the Karmann website and found that they did do a MercCLK Cabriolet

Karmann built all of the A208 chassis CLK cabriolets - I just don't remember seeing a Karmann badge on them though. I'll check on Monday & if they did badge them, I'll get the part number. 8)