Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Blue Joe's G60 - FIRST DRIVE!!

Good news Sam! You can finally get on with driving it and enjoying it after all these months with it off the road! :)

Few pics now that the wheels have gone on. Still lots of Jobs to do this week, like get the sides of the bumper mounted.

But here you go!

transformation! Love it!

Btw, at ed38 your bonnet slammed shut because of the wind when you were away, didn't cause any damage did it?

Btw, at ed38 your bonnet slammed shut because of the wind when you were away, didn't cause any damage did it?

ah we did wonder! thought someone had done it!

your car is looking SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET Sam, very nice wheels, and some good power mate, bet your so happy after all the aggro you have had, 8)

LOL, we'll see who has the last laugh guys.......have had and will have had another "few" mods done since that last RR run was done in 2004.

Also the torque figure / power at wheels figure was low due to several factors, e.g worn gearbox, standard clutch, standard flywheel, no LSD AND running 9x16" wheels on the dyno......it won't be next time.

And smoke you may have seen,

(http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... highlight=)

was due to the Schrick asymmetrical cam and the car running rich on the dyno. So I rest my case, things will only improve. I can provide a copy of the last RR printout for those that still doubt.....

blue_joe,

Nice figures and I do like those Porsche wheels, finishes exterior off nicely,

Cheers

did i see u on broad street saturday night ? im sure it was !! i was telling a mate how rare corrados are then you (i think) and a red one drive past !!!

good results and nice rims.

cant wait to see the graph. G60 is all about under the torque curve. what size pulley you running?

nice to see people take the G60 places when its oh so easy to just transplant an engine. major props

I can't believe this, but I seem to be following the current trend and am considering selling. I'm only considering it at the moment due to the fact that I am also considering opting out of the company car scheme and buying my own to use for work.

If I do do that then I don't really want to private lease a vehicle so can't justify buying a new car and keeping the corrado especially when we are also in the process of buying a house.

Now due to the money I have sunk into this I could break it and get ALOT more than what I could sell it for but I wouldn't want to see 3 years work go to waste!!! So rather let someone else enjoy it. But I would still wnat ALOT of money for it. So the other question is would it actually sell.

Just a consideration for now. Thinking of going down the nearly new Mercedes CLK 2.0 Kompressor route.

WOw, that sucks dude. This car looked great at ed38 and would be a lovely buy for someone, after you sunk so much money and time into it!

Good luck whatever your decision :)