Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Blue Joe's G60 - FIRST DRIVE!!

Blue_Joe, just if you wanted to know how to get 300 bhp a bit easier :-P Sorry for going as far off topic as I did. :oops:

50-60 Bhp From fitting an intercooler.. This i need to see pictures / Dyno plots to believe

Blue_Joe, just if you wanted to know how to get 300 bhp a bit easier :-P Sorry for going as far off topic as I did. :oops:

I Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Wish it was as easy as that!

So - thinking of changing the look of the wheels when the car comes back but as it's a no going back change (without buying new!) need someone to chop this polished version of my wheels onto the motor so I can decide whether to polish them!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Oh and I hope pureklass don't mind me 'borrowing' the image for this purpose - and thanks!

I'd go body colour centre's with a diamond cut or polished lip tbh 8)

Any chance of letting me know the dimensions of the centre caps? No worries if it's hastle...

Any chance of letting me know the dimensions of the centre caps? No worries if it's hastle...

I would quite happily oblige - however Birmingham to Dartford and back to measure the centre caps is a long way to travel. The car is still at Racepower!!!

ah... fair enough! It's a bit of a trek isn't it :lol:

Having a go at 'shopping the centres black for you...

It's only a quicky but it gives you the general idea - I think it looks great like that 8)

Cheers Phil, but not for me!!!!

Perhaps if they were not quite soooo mirrored in the polished finished they would be better. I wouldn't want them really bling but just thinking of getting away from the matt silver finish.

Well it seems it is the worst case scenario with the new pistons!!!

JE have never made a piston like I need so they have to be custom made!! So who knows how long it could be. I'm just waiting for an answer on timscales but not expecting anything soon!!

sell beck 20-30bhp for an air filter and zorst to thats quite a big claim!

but u need to think of the other things needed to run a 300bhp car safely

big brakes

better internals

bigger clutch

stronger gear box

better suspension

better manifold

better head!

the list is endless this is why its incredibly hard!

good luck thou sam i hope its done by e38 i need something to aspire too!

hopefully all being well im gonna start going for some big bhp at end of the summer not quite as mental as yours thou!

Damm Sam.. stoner parks in June.. was hoping to see you chaps there...

hope it gets back on the road soon, so you can enjoy the weather in the rado!!

unlucky mate.

if you ordered the pistons from rodney at jrc in the states i believe its about 1 month. i went wiseco in the end so it made no difference and 9a ones are off the shelf.

personnal i think the internals would be upto 300 hp in a G60 without need for pistons. whethe the charger can flow enough for 300hp im not sure. id expect itll need a 62mm or smaller pulley unles you are going for peak. to hit 300, if you are after a big number it may be worth looking at a solid lifter head, big port job and cam and using a bigger pulley and revving to 7500rpm or so. 210lbs ft@7500 would make 300 on the dot.

id expect you have already sorted this lot out th

Bloody hell Sam.. bet you wish you'd just gone for a charged VR lump or something after all this! What a nightmare! :(

To be honest - I'll happily wait for the JE Pistons and get it right this time. Rather than compromise to get them quicker like I did last time - look where that got me!!!

We tried to get them quicker last time and went for Karl Schmidt Pistons that lasted all of 2 hours! In the long run I would have been quickest going for the JE from the start - but as I always say - hindsight is 20/20 vision!!

Looking back over this thread, the car has been off the road for almost 9 months now!! I miss it sooooo much at the moment. I've missed soo many events.

Hopefully I'll get to some towards the later half of the year!!!

But anyway, in the meantime it does met me work on a few other bits in the engine bay that are going to make the engine bay look fairly unique and I think it's looking very appropriate for the rest of the look of the car. However you guys are going to have to wait sometime yet to see what i mean!!!!