Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Blue Joe's G60 - FIRST DRIVE!!

Well I thought I'd show you all a glimpse of what else I've been doing to spruce up the car under the bonnet while it is off the road!!!!

Now you'll see why I had the Ali covers fabricated to contrast with the colour of the rest of the engine

I've now powdercoated almost everything that can be in Gloss Black to match the black body colour. Match up with flashings of red to match the G60 badges on things such as the centre band of the alternator, red silicone leads, red silicone boost tubes that you've seen before and also I've managed to find red cotton overbraid vacuum hoses and the same for my methanol injection piping! Also SS overbraid fuel pipes.

On top of this I'm redoing the boost pipes using a Rallye outlet on the charger and new polished ali boost tubes that will be done on the cars arrival back in Birmingham to match the ali covers and fuel rail.

Done a bit more porting to the Throttle body as you can see!!!

Plenty more to come soon but thought I'd give you an update!!!!

Ok so I've gone and done more!!!!

New strut brace is ready, had it all chromed up so as to contrast against the black!!!

Also it does mean that when my car is back I will have a strut brace for sale. It's exactly the same as this one but powdercoated black if anyone is interested!!!!

**EDIT** OOooooo That picture has lost all it's quality when uploaded. But you get the general idea anyway!!!!

mate that charger is now officially my favourite its the dogs fella good work as always#!

I do agree the charger looks fantastic. The nice touch I didn't mention that makes it really stand out is that to contrast agains't the black powdercoating you will see that I have had all of the bolt heads chromed to give it a little extra "bling"

And thanks for all the rest of the comments guys - at the moment it's the main thing keeping me sane with this car at the moment.

However as an update. The pistons have now all been approved and signed off at long last. Tehy have now started production on them and they "should" be with Racepower in 3-4 weeks. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Also - Yey! Got the finished article of the timing belt cover back today after a few minor adjustments and the fitting of the lip on the top edge to fit on the rocker cover. It looks amazing!!! The craftsmanship has been excellent!

Now just the long task of smoothing the welds on the retainers for the clips and sanding it down to a perfectly smooth finish ready for me to polish it at the weekend! Anyway - a few pics of it for you!!!

nice work 8) !

like your style m8,i got steve @ pitstop to do my charger in black,shame i havent got nice shiny bits to contrast as yet.

are you dewedging the t/b? i believe (please correct me if wrong) that a 16v throttle plate will fit,rather than trying to fill the holes left behind.

sommet to consider if you are doing it anyway...

neil.

nice work 8) !

like your style m8,i got steve @ pitstop to do my charger in black,shame i havent got nice shiny bits to contrast as yet.

are you dewedging the t/b? i believe (please correct me if wrong) that a 16v throttle plate will fit,rather than trying to fill the holes left behind.

sommet to consider if you are doing it anyway...

neil.

Thanks fella!!

I did originally paint my charger and everything else however I quickly found that with paint it chipped easily, but with it being black it showed up the chips really badly!!

I haven;t dewedged the teh TB, only because I am yet to figure out the advantage of doing so!!!!

same tbh,but any excuse to mess :lol:

cant wait to see your engine bay,gonna look really smart 8)

neil.

Nice work on the cover. Who made that for you? Will look mental when its polished.

Jay

Local and very talented fabricating company!!! I'm so happy with the result

Well I'm off on holiday to Barcelona for a week tomorrow morning, thought I better treat my girlfriend as when I get back, I've been told the car should be ready to collect!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Think this is teh first time I am looking forward to coming home more than going on a holiday!!!!! But will have loads to do when I get the car back as I have an office FULL of new parts to go on it when its here.

I simply can't wait!!!!

Barcelona is a superb city! Enjoy yourself! :)

I'm just drooling at the thought of some of the great places to go out and drink and eat! Try and find the bar Margherita Blue - had some good cocktails in there :)

Soooo many places to go, staying near the beach, a man made beach should be quite interesting at the Hotel Vincci Condal Mar which looks fantastic!

Theres another place we went to and I have no idea what it was called but it was a fairly plain looking bar outside - you go in and basically its full of trees, a big sort of green canopy of leaves, etc and every so often the music drops and the lights drop and they simulate a bit of a thunderstorm with lightning and loud thunder.. it was really cool!

Anyway - enough rambling - superb city - have fun :D :)