Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Blue Joe's G60 - FIRST DRIVE!!

Well got a bit more done to it now.

Lost the Powerflow as even the Owner of Powerflow admitted that the powerflow systems are seemingly not suited for a modified G60 and refunded cost of exhaust parts for my system and my garage honoured the labour guarantee and fitted a Longlife Exhaust which has ended up not costing me a bean!

Also while at it have not fitted a 4 Branch Manifold.

Had the luck of the devil with this. Couldn't believe it. The original manifold has never been off the car in almost 14 years. Again'st all advice decided to do it now instead of waiting until I change the head. So for the last 4 days I havemt used the car while I had the inlet manifold off and have religiously, twice a day soaked the manifold studs in WD40. Low and behold first thing this morning got up the nerve to have a go at removing the manifold. - Every single bolt came straight off. No studs sheered off ar were siezed. NOW THATS WHAT I CALL LUCKY :shock: :shock: 8)

Heat wrapped it and added Cool tape to the underside of my inlet manifold to aid with keeping things as cool as possible! Pics attached.

Ported out and polished the throttle body. To be finished off tomorrow before fitting.

Finally, given my spring tensioner bar a knew lease of life (as some of you already knwo from my other thread) by using adapted poly bushes from the wishbones of a triumph with custom made inner metal sheaths!

good stuff m8 8) 8)

whats the tape on the inlet manifold,never heard of that before?

neil. :D

Cool Tape. Comes from Demon Tweeks £16 for just enough to do the underside of the inlet manifold. And can supposedly reflect heat up to 1500 deg?? Well Henny used it on J-DUB and highly recommended it and hopefully with that and the heat wrap on the exhaust should help keep the temperature down!

it would of been intresting to do some before and after results of the manifold heat tape stuff to see how good it is i have been a sceptic of this for a while . ** darren trots of with tempreture probe in hand for more testing**

Darren. I'll let you know if I notice any difference. Perhaps if your at Stoner Park bring your temp probe. Although mind where your putting it!!!! :oops:

WOW - What a difference. The pick up and acceleration on the car is now mind blowingly quick as a Focus found out. I took Stevemac out for a quick blast and the focus was sat on my backside while we were approaching a dual carriageway. So i let him alongside, smiled and left him so fast it looked like he had stalled!!!! 8) As i got well ahead of him he flashed his lights at me knowing all to well he was Done1!!

Anyway to answer Darrens question about the heat tapes. After that blast and a run totalling about 8 miles. Some of it driving normally and for those that know that I sometimes can't resist "driving" I got home immediatly opened the bonnet and stuck my hand on the top of the inlet manifold!!!!..................

And I didn't melt any of my skin to it. Quite the opposite it was only luke warm. Put the sceptisism aside Darren - IT WORKS!!!!!!

Quite the opposite it was only luke warm. Put the sceptisism aside Darren - IT WORKS!!!!!!

sounds intresting but.... i would still like to know what temps before and after ... i like to be able to back everything up with facts i know it sounds anal but there are to many people selling products without any factual info on the gains... still im glad you got the 4 branch on/wrapped and back on mate and the gains were felt.. see you at stoner park. ! :lol:

great! :lol:

is the tape made by cooltek?

i had some cooltek exhaust wrap before,and that did the job too!

neil.

No the tape I think is made by design engineering - an american company. The tape is not on the exhaust but on the underside of the inlet manifold. I have normal exhaust wrap on the 4 branch!

oh ok m8,i knew it was the underside of the inlet mani you had just done,thought it may have been the same company that made the exhaust wrap.

and poor focus :p :lol:

One day I'll stop spending on the litlle fecker!

On order now are - Moulded Sub Enclosure and Amp Rack. Losing all of my old kit in favour of just as good a setup up, without all the weight. Fiberglass install with light Amp and only the one sub reverse mounted. I want to keep a quality ice install but lose all the weight of my existing system to realise the full potential of the engine performance that I 'm building! I think the weight at the moment is one of my biggest downfalls.

Just recieved my Genesis Profile 4 Ultra Amp

Also on Order:

65mm toothed pulley kit conversion

Lightened and Balanced Flywheel

Paddle Clutch - Have a VR6 Clutch in at the moment and I seem to be ripping through it with current setup.

Also recently added Inpro Front Lights

All pics should be up next week sometime due to lack of camera after it slipped out of my missus' pocket whiel upside down on a pirate ship type ride at Drayton Manor. All sort of happened in slow motion as it shattered on the concrete below!!!

Well if you wanna meet up and get any more pictures at any point Sam, gimmie the nod and i'll nabble the good camera..

Well here I go again.........

After long discussions with Henny (Cheers Fella!!!!) and Race Power Motorsport I'm on the spend again.

Sometime next week the engine is coming out! Shipping it off to Race Power for a similar spec to Henny's however with a difference! They have now worked out how to go even bigger than 1940cc while retaining the oil squirters! So soon to be spec is.......

Full rebuild and strengthen incluiding

Bore out to 2Ltr Block

JE Forged Pistons

New Crank

Big Valve Gas flowed Head (Hennys is just gas flowed!)

4 branch SS manifold and Inlet manifold port matched

Fully balanced bottom end - phnar phnar!!!!

65mm Toothed pulley kit and lightened flywheel when they finally arrive!

Going to make sure the engine bay is spot on while I'm in there!!!

Once that is back and all in then it's going up to Chip Wizards in Manchester to have a full custom chip remap to gain the full power potential out of it!!!

Should all be done and completed in about 3-4 weeks all being well and I can get it all done!

At the same time as will be mapped using a rolling road!

Along with all the other mods I have shsould make for a very interesting power output!

Sam? You're a nutter... That's gonna be one awesome engine when you get it into your Corrado... 8)

Good luck with it, and you know how to get hold of me if you need anything... ;) 8)