Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

Blue Joe's G60 - FIRST DRIVE!!

I bet its going to be a real brown-trowser machine. Glad its all finally come together Sam :)

Really like your car m8, where abouts to you live and where do you keep the keys for it :lol:

Might nick your front G60 badge idea and stick it above the bumper, quite like the look of that :-)

Just ordered one of those RS4 bumpers, how bad are they to fit ?

Ian

They aren't too bad to fit as long as you get the proper Rieger GPS Plastic one and not the fibreglass imatations! Bit of a pain attaching to the inner wheel arch liners but thats it!

looks great! got any recent engine bay piccies? or any general pics of your car lately?

oh, and what's left to do before the show season starts?

Pics of under the bonnet will be up once I have stopped fiddling with it (phnar phnar!) and can get a chance to clean it up a little. But as a hint as to what it is like, the engine bay colour scheme now complements the rest of the car colour scheme!

They aren't too bad to fit as long as you get the proper Rieger GPS Plastic one and not the fibreglass imatations! Bit of a pain attaching to the inner wheel arch liners but thats it!

Ahhh, Got the cheap fibreglass imatation one :oops: :cry:

Oh well should give the guy whos gonna fit it some fun !! He did say he was a fibreglass expert :lol:

hows it goin then joe, she running how you want her too yet?

Put it this way - she is alive and she runs well. But she's not going to run the way I want her to until it's run in and mapped! But it certainly seels like she has LOTS of potential!!!!

Well - Finally found out the problem with it running on 3 cylinders. A proper investigation yesterday eliminated the Injector Wiring Loom or anything similar! We didn't think it was mechanical as no bad noises etc, but the closer inspection revealed no compression in Cylinder No. 4 and a spark plug electrode taht had taken a whack from something!

So today I took the Head off YET AGAIN!!!!

BAD NEWS - A big chunk of the piston on cylinder number 4 has come away and disappeared presumably down the exhaust. Its not damaged the bore so that seems fine. It has bent the exhaust valve on the head but no damage that I can see to the valve seat!

On closer inspection of the other cylinders it seems all but one are starting to show some major signs of imperfections in the pistons. I don't know if this is manufacturing or from (and most likely we think) to be from where tey were machined to fit!

Pics to follow!

I must say I'm getting to the absolute end of my tether with this engine! I've never had sooooo much bad luck in my life with this car and am almost ready to throw in the towel!!!

I'll contact Racepower tomorrow and see what their reaction is, but there is no way that I am removing and refitting the engine or anything else now as I've had enough. I will be expecting them to collect the entire car to put it right!

Well - Finally found out the problem with it running on 3 cylinders. A proper investigation yesterday eliminated the Injector Wiring Loom or anything similar! We didn't think it was mechanical as no bad noises etc, but the closer inspection revealed no compression in Cylinder No. 4 and a spark plug electrode taht had taken a whack from something!

So today I took the Head off YET AGAIN!!!!

BAD NEWS - A big chunk of the piston on cylinder number 4 has come away and disappeared presumably down the exhaust. Its not damaged the bore so that seems fine. It has bent the exhaust valve on the head but no damage that I can see to the valve seat!

On closer inspection of the other cylinders it seems all but one are starting to show some major signs of imperfections in the pistons. I don't know if this is manufacturing or from (and most likely we think) to be from where tey were machined to fit!

Pics to follow!

I must say I'm getting to the absolute end of my tether with this engine! I've never had sooooo much bad luck in my life with this car and am almost ready to throw in the towel!!!

I'll contact Racepower tomorrow and see what their reaction is, but there is no way that I am removing and refitting the engine or anything else now as I've had enough. I will be expecting them to collect the entire car to put it right!

If it was easy everyone would have a 300bhp G60. Stick with it, sure it will be worth the heartache when your hitting low 13's at the pod.

Feckin Hell!! that looks like a manufacturing error with the forgings or something....

mate youve spent so much money on this engine, they would be totally taking the piss if they didnt take the entire car away and fix it for you!! i would be livid if they didnt!

Hope you can sort it out... 8)

there are always ups and downs, just keep going matey! will be awesome

reading this thread makes me change my mind so many times....i'm @ the leave the engine standard stage today,but seen as though you've got this far m8 i'd grit me teeth an stick with it,gonna be the fastest G on here for sure!!!

As every one else has said, gutted for you mate, but don't give in, you'll kick yourself if you sell it and someone else finishes it!

reading this thread makes me change my mind so many times....i'm @ the leave the engine standard stage today,but seen as though you've got this far m8 i'd grit me teeth an stick with it,gonna be the fastest G on here for sure!!!

My friend, a mechanic said to me yesterday - "you can't beat a standard engine" - I wish he told me that before I started!!!! Then again, at that point I'd have known better and not believed him :lol:

more bad luck sam, but dont throw in the towel though as you will regret it, im sure racepower will get it sorted 4 ya, fingers crossed

Christ you got some patience Sam!

Unlucky mate, keep going, the ( DuB ) force is strong within!

Either that or it was that curry ;) :-P

i reckon i'll just get the orig just slightly tinkered with,spend a bit more on the looks an just drive slow everywhere lookin good 8)