Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

ADVISE ON SPEAKER CHOICE URGENTLY REQUIRED!!!

I am replacing my speakers and installing an amp on a limited budget as too many other things to pay for!!!

I think I have pretty much made up my mind on the JBL GTO4000 600W amp as various people have suggested it.

Speakers wise I have a choice for the front of:

Pro-Plus 5.25 inch

or Power Acoustik 5.25 inch with a metal looking cone?

Then Pro-Plus 6x9's in a stealth shelf to provide some bass as not fitting a sub!

Finally a decent wiring kit.

I only have a budget of around £250.

Does anyone know which are better the Pro-Plus or Power Acoustik are better or if anyone has any better ideas on my budget???

Thanks guys!!!

Oh and the model of pro-plus speakers are:-

JGX525 - 5.25 inch

JS6933 - 6x9

Can be viewed atwww.pro-plussound.com

I dont know the model of Power Acoustik

Theres better things on the market than pro plus and power acoustik even on a budget u can get better

audiobahn all the way....been more than impressed, and cant get many more watts for the pound anywhere, plus they look sweet as!! :D

Check out a few online sites they have some deals on.

for the 2 makes u listed u would be able to go with pioneer, kenwood, jbl which imo opinion would prefer to use

Well i have the JBL latest series on mine...

All the 6 speakers ( 6" x 9" on back cover ) :D

Not expensive at all...

Great sound! :)

Excellent price! :D

Blue_Joe, - if you need a sub - send me a pm. I have a spare :wink:

If you're near Erdington, I can show you my 11 speaker setup, MDF parcel shelf, etc - maybe give you a few ideas. Important thing to look for in your prospective speakers is the distortion measurement - this will give you a far better idea of which is best quality, rather than overall peak power limits. Best speakers have the lowest distortion. Where & how you mount them also is extremely important if you want them to sound good. I can also make-up a wiring kit or even do the install for you.

i would go with Infinity and nuthing else...if budget doesnt allow for a decent setup just kick the setup off of just get front speakers for know and wait until ur budget can develop for what u really like and dont buy no cr@p like pro plus will only wind u up in the long run

STEVEMAC 11 speakers setup i'm very interested if u wanna give details,, sounds like a healthy system PM me if u got some spare time

you only need 5 speakers ;)

2 x tweeters

2 x mids

1 x sub

unless you have surround dsp or something for DVD :)

audiobahn all the way....been more than impressed, and cant get many more watts for the pound anywhere, plus they look sweet as!! :D

Ooooh don't get me started on the AudioBahn sh**t! I had them fitted in the front of the Campaign for a while, they sound absolutely bl*$dy dreadful! No mid-range whatsoever! And they echoed like billyo. I dumped them and fitted Memphis instead.

Mind you, stupid thing was, about a week after fitting them I won "best sound" award at the local car stereo shop sound-off... give's you some idea about how bad some of the others sounded.

STEVEMAC 11 speakers setup i'm very interested if u wanna give details,, sounds like a healthy system PM me if u got some spare time

The ol' G60 had a 15 speaker set-up. Front was 6+4+Tweeter setup, rear shelf had 4x 6x9's with independent tweeters x4 and a sub... Ran off two amps (Denon DCA800x2), sounded bloody awesome and should've ripped it out when I sold the car! Doh!