britpop95

Vr6 mulberry? Finally detailed 😊

Now then everyone, after my little rebuild and getting the car upto a better standard I finally got round to a detail session. The paintwork was quite flat and really needed attention so I broke out the polisher and set to work, the car was washed , clay barred then polished using menzerna cutting compound, 3m polishing glaze and menzerna final finish with dodo juice supernatural wax. Still not sure on the exact name of the colour of my coraado was thinking mulberry?

WP_20150623_021.jpg

WP_20150623_021.jpg

WP_20150623_021.jpg

WP_20150623_021.jpg

WP_20150623_021.jpg

Cheers lads what you recon colour wise , mulberry?

What's the difference between Mulberry and Blackberry - mine is the latter and on my mobile phone screen looks similar

Nothing chuggs, it should be blackberry, but some peeps call it something different. I used to think it was similar to the old style Cadbury dairy milk bar.

Edited by delfinis38

Cadbury milk bar lol would have never have thought of that I definitely see the resemblance. I spent the majority of the day letting the buffer cool down ! Was like a boiling kettle.

Beautiful!

I noticed a bottle of 3m.

Is that what you used to remove swirls and other defects?

I have only used menzerna and scholl S3 Gold.

Got decent results, but thinking I need something a bit better to remove defects from 20 year old paint.

Cheers lads what you recon colour wise , mulberry?

Mulberry is a Mk3 Golf Highline colour..

This is blackberry although i don't think that is its real name..

Mulberry is a Mk3 Golf Highline colour..

This is blackberry although i don't think that is its real name..

True Goldie

Bramber metallic is the official blackberry name

Not sure about that - pretty sure the brochure actually lists it as Blackberry Metallic.

Not sure about that - pretty sure the brochure actually lists it as Blackberry Metallic.

I think it depends where you look Jim

Apologies I misspelt, it is Brombeer metallic

this forum paint code page lists

Blackberry Metallic* ---------------------LK4Z --------------------94 - 95 * = Bramble to VW

but if you google search for the LK4Z paint code it comes up as Brombeer

http://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up_paint/Volkswagen/1994-Volkswagen-Corrado-Bromberr-Metallic-Clearcoat-LK4Z-S4.html

If you go to Halfords for example & ask for paint code LK4Z they list it as Brombeer also, I know this as I brought a small amount there a long time ago & they mix it there & then for you

Question and I may well be wrong..... Isn't Brombeer German for blackberry and in the US they call blackberries Brambles? So may be as they say in Thailand "Same Same but different"

Question and I may well be wrong..... Isn't Brombeer German for blackberry and in the US they call blackberries Brambles? So may be as they say in Thailand "Same Same but different"

every day is a school day! I didn't take german all those years ago but chuggs you are indeed correct

blackberry in german is Brombeere

im glad I can just call it blackberry now lol

Beautiful!

I noticed a bottle of 3m.

Is that what you used to remove swirls and other defects?

I have only used menzerna and scholl S3 Gold.

Got decent results, but thinking I need something a bit better to remove defects from 20 year old paint.

Cheers tan ! , I used 3m fast cut for removing swirls but only because I had no menzerna superfinish left. I then used 3m machine glaze for polishing stage and then menzerna final finish which is lovely stuff to work with it just keeps going and going. Finally topped it off with dodojuice supernatural. All pads where menzerna. German cars to tend to have tough paint to get through when removing swirls, just gotta put a bit more weight behind the buffer. Arms like terminator by the time your finished .

Cheers tan ! , I used 3m fast cut for removing swirls but only because I had no menzerna superfinish left. I then used 3m machine glaze for polishing stage and then menzerna final finish which is lovely stuff to work with it just keeps going and going. Finally topped it off with dodojuice supernatural. All pads where menzerna. German cars to tend to have tough paint to get through when removing swirls, just gotta put a bit more weight behind the buffer. Arms like terminator by the time your finished .

Yes, I did have arms which were like metal at the end of my polishing session on the C!

I have a flex rotary which is brilliant, and I started using the chemical guys pads which are pretty good.

Menzerna ones are worn out now.

Got some 3M too but haven't tried them yet.

Since you have used 3M compound and Menzerna?

Could you give feedback or is it a case of personal preference?

To be honest mate if I was to detail it again I would stick with menzerna superfinish for removing swirls , the 3m supercut dries up a little to quickly for me, it isn't as greasy as menzerna and also the 3m was hard to wipe off it left a few little annoying holograms in the paint. I had to go round with a quick detailer spray to thoroughly wipe off any left over polish. I can't really comment on different pads as I've only used menzerna pads and there very good, I have used lambs wool quite a few times but with the recent hot weather here in Wigan I felt the paint was already to hot to be using lambs wool the last thing I needed was a burn in the paintwork. I also use a rotary machine and i only go upto speed 2 and a half throughout the whole detail. Thanks for all the comments guys much appreciated indeed.