Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

I don't know what to do this weekend.....

Go to Scotland for the CLubGTI scottish national day and blat it around Kames circuit

Go to the rolling road day at stealth

Go to york dragway

Stay at home, fix my missus's lupo up (did that sound rude?) and tidy the garage out.

Option 4 is dull, so count that out. Option 2 could be good to see what the engine's giving but not as thrilling as Options 1 and 3..... decisions decisions!

ooh, that's a tough decision... :?

I get the feeling that the final option was an "also ran" from the start though! ;) :lol:

I'm still aiming to get to Stealth on Sunday, although I really doubt it would be a good idea to put it on the rollers after having just done the head gasket and probably still having a little bit of coffee in the system... :? It'd be good to see ya down there... 8)

A head gasket so soon after your rebuild, henny? OT I know, but what happened there?

Back OnT Phat I think that given the amount of money you've spent on upgrading your C you should be able to do ALL of the options above in the same weekend... ;)

sorry Phat, OT but,

It turned the oil into Coffee coloured gunk... :? I think it's been weaping since day one hence my initial coolant temp and pressure problems, and now I've sorted all the places the coolant had been loosing pressure and leaking slightly from, it's just pushed the gasket over the edge... :roll: The gasket had been kicking around for 6 months, so it's possible it got slightly damaged before I even installed it... :oops:

Kames is a once a year event....... the others can be done at other points through the year - That would swing it for me.

Although that said........ if u are a gold member of East Ayrshire car club, the people who own Kames, you can book the complex for the day for free!

I'm sold! Kames is the cheapest track day of the year, how can I miss that!!

York dragway is open nearly every weekend and only 5 minutes away.

I have a few rolling droad days to attend before the year is out too.

the missus lupo can wait :lol:

cool my weekend sorted now cheers...... i will see ya lot @ stealth then @ 9:30.....

:mrgreen: i wanna see how much the 1 PSI E-Supercharger puts out on the rollers....

and off course i want all you guys to have a good laugh and my bodge.... LOL :lol:

I don't have a problem of what to do this weekend :roll: i'm getteing married :) and thinking about it this is my last post for a while, so have fun play nice back soon a married man :D

I don't have a problem of what to do this weekend :roll: i'm getteing married :) and thinking about it this is my last post for a while, so have fun play nice back soon a married man :D

Congratulations mate - I got married just 3.5 weeks ago, just try and enjoy the day and take everything in because it goes so quickly!!

:wink:

I don't want it too warm for the rollers at stealth on Sunday! Just dry and cool would be fine! ;o)

So how many people are going up to Stealth then?

J

hmmm, forecast is showers. looks like I'll avoid scotland after all, shame...

york dragway is calling me, and I'm dying to find out what it'll run now it's running better. see if I can improve on that 14.9. I reckon a 14.5 easy.