j_s14a

Some advice about selling my 1995 Blackberry VR6

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-CORRADO-VR6-FULL-SERVICE-HISTORY-SUNROOF-IMMACULATE-/331604853447?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d353082c7

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-VW-VOLKSWAGEN-CORRADO-VR6-/291515153501?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43dfa83c5d

Just as an example these two are both complete useable vr6`s one with a grands worth of recaro trim and look at the prices...not as a comparison but gauges the market i think......

Both these could well be usable examples but they are far from perfect. IMO they both require extensive paintwork rectification and probably a respray. The top example's engine bay looks a bit of a mess and the battery is missing. I note it is also advertised with airbags!

Sorry for the overused cliche but 'you should always buy the best you can afford' unless you are specifically looking for a project. I can easily see the top example costing upwards of £5k to get 'fixed up' at a garage to bring it upto similar standard as the Blackberry.

I try and follow the values of our German counterparts. If this was lhd it would make 8k in Germany.

Really! - That's interesting

Really! - That's interesting

Used car values here are extremely low compared to what they are in Germany.

My point being is that these are real cars actually for sale and at the price stated and still not sold, yes they need work but all do unless they have been top to bottom restored which the one mentioned by the original poster has not been.... the values on corrdos do not add up in comparison to mk1`s and mk2`s but they did not match up when the corrado was brand new so no shocker then.... all i go off in regards to values are real cars that are for sale or have sold not what they should be worth or could be worth.... for the last ten years the corrado has been an Appreciating Classic which has never actually grown.

There's only 4 cars for sale on autotrader - that's the lowest number I've ever seen.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/volkswagen/corrado/postcode/cw56bt/radius/1500/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/quicksearch/true

Forum members are really good at talking down the prices of their cars, its worked to my advantage twice.

Nice car, nice colour and spec, you only need one buyer.

N3Ps storm turbo is only £8250 in the classifieds here

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?91537-Storm-Stealth-Turbo

Wow - love that car and I would give somewhere close to the price for either of these cars if I was looking today. So you just need someone like me to be looking. If anyone wants to release some cash I would consider doing a part exchange lol! But mines not going cheap either!

Wow - love that car and I would give somewhere close to the price for either of these cars if I was looking today. So you just need someone like me to be looking. If anyone wants to release some cash I would consider doing a part exchange lol! But mines not going cheap either!

Must fight the voices in my head and not ask for spec or photographs

Must fight the voices in my head and not ask for spec or photographs

Lol - its the voices that get us all in trouble! ha-ha! Mine is virtually completely stock but the voices keep telling me to do "upgrades" - I have generally resisted!

Point of interest there is a nugget yellow G60 on Facebook - VW Corrado Chat (138K) £6500. Maybe there are signs of prices starting to increase for decent cars - although this ones not standard as has "air ride"

Maybe we can rig the market by getting some high profile sports/classics mags to run Corrado features? :D

It worked wonders for the Porsche 964 RS models, which have increased almost tenfold since a very flattering Evo article.

Point of interest there is a nugget yellow G60 on Facebook - VW Corrado Chat (138K) £6500. Maybe there are signs of prices starting to increase for decent cars - although this ones not standard as has "air ride"

red one with ultraviolet recaros, 16 rs`s, stage four tuned sold last week for 2600 from pistonheads...

red one with ultraviolet recaros, 16 rs`s, stage four tuned sold last week for 2600 from pistonheads...

Some people are "glass half empty" types Lol!

Well, I've finally got around to selling her. Submitted the advert on here earlier so I expect it to appear any time now. :)

Thanks for the feedback guys, going to start it at just under £8k and see how I get on. :)