Sign in to follow this  
kuksool

what ya think???

let me know what ya think peeps i think its actually on a m plate im going to see it on saturday! hopefully it will be worth the price its up for?????

click here

scott

Edit: Sorted link for you. VR6

quite expensive...i would expect a storm for that money now,but its quite low miles and looks clean enough,dont for get to do a hpi check before you go to see it

hmmmm thats what i thought about the price!!! but ive been to see 2 vr's at 5k or more and they have both been pretty bad body wise!!! i didnt even start the car!!! they were that bad!! i figured if i wanted a nice one i would have to pay for it is this right or should i continue searching???

scott

well you do pay for what you get..nice examples are getting hard to find as they are getting on a bit now,go and see it and if it is nice and clean then its up to you

As Daz says, you get what you pay for, Miles are on it's side. Bit pricey for a non storm. My mate picked his storm up for £7500 with 61,000. Was imaculate other than the stone chips on the front end.

If its not too far away then I'd say go take a look, even if just for comparison purposes. The more you see the more you learn about 'em.

M8 - have a looka and make a fair offer...

...go with the backup of other printoffs of Cs from Autotrader to show him what they are worth...

...one the other hand, I remember someone saying on here that they are worth what someone will pay for them...

...how true.

then again.............if its been totally cosseted and just not been shown on the VW circuit £7500 looks fairly cheap for it considering i noticed Paul Kippax's concours winning C VR6 in VW-Driver's classifieds for £9995 with 73k miles.....deffo worth going along to view IMHO

well i might go and have a look its got everything i want... ie leather, green, original, low miles and full vw service history i guess what you want comes at a price!

scott

Link doesn't work for me. Where is it and how much? Want my assistance again?

Well said about quality costing. I'd rather pay more for a GOOD example than pay less for a ropey old dung pile, like the one we say in Bury for £5K!!

hey kev

its near royston well just beyond baldock to be fair! quite a bit far for you if you want to come and meet me ill gladley drive the 40 mile west from my house!

click here

this link should work sorry mods but the old link no longer works but this one should.

Scott

*mod edit - Link shortened 'cos it's Huuuuuaaaaaggggeeeeeeeeeee!!! also pasted same link into first post - Henny*

right i just spoke to the bloke.... im not happy really!

its got full stamped log book with vw and audi then bmw etc etc!!! but not one receipt!!! if im gonna pay top dollar a full service record is what im after with recepits and everything!!!! oh and no alarm certificate, he says its a toad cat1 but how can you prve this to an insurance company!!!

he said he bought it from autotek for 9600 2 year ago!!

Scott

its got full stamped log book with vw and audi then bmw etc etc!!! but not one receipt!!! if im gonna pay top dollar a full service record is what im after with recepits and everything!!!! oh and no alarm certificate, he says its a toad cat1 but how can you prve this to an insurance company!!!

Scott

mad that he's asking top money for it and its got a miss-match of servicing agents........and not even any reciepts......as for the Cat 1 i think you can have this inspected by a thatcham-apporved installer who would then certify that it complies with Cat1.....though IIRC this would be to your additional cost...................though it might still be worth chasing up as i was always under the impression Autotek C's were of decent quality..........but deffo haggle hard

Hmmm, that is not good being honest. His reason for sale seems a little weird too...... selling the car because he's got no garage with is new house, but he wants to buy a MK1 GTI? Which rot big time if not kept in a garage..... strange.

I would never buy a car without receipts proving A) what was done and B), where it was done.

No ceftificate for immobilisation either??

And as the other guys have said, it's too much money for a car that has a shady air about it.

Mine was 5K (last year!!) on 73K with Full VW history, so he's well out of range but if it's as good as he says it is, then it could be a good buy.

I got *everything* with mine. All manuals etc in very good nick, even the clifford book with valet code sticker on the back! Cert of installation etc, HPI check document (I did my own aswell), all receipts and bills the lot. Spare keyfob in mint condition, all keys, locking wheel nut key, absolutely everything this car ever had, old MOTs, tax discs etc etc was passed down owner to owner...... amazing.

It felt right buying the car and I knew I wasn't being sold something with a troubled past...... you *must* have that feeling when spending that much, and you've got doubts already.....so not boding well really. It might be a minter but a car like the VR definitely needs some history - unless you know the cars intimately and are prepared to chance it.

K

Scott

mad that he's asking top money for it and its got a miss-match of servicing agents........and not even any reciepts......as for the Cat 1 i think you can have this inspected by a thatcham-apporved installer who would then certify that it complies with Cat1.....though IIRC this would be to your additional cost...................though it might still be worth chasing up as i was always under the impression Autotek C's were of decent quality..........but deffo haggle hard

Toad Cat 1 ??

maybe it was when it was fitted but some Alarms get downrated to cat 2 as they get older and people learn how to manipulate them.

I'm weary about Alarms not being fitted by me as you can always keep a keyfob and a second set of keys and take it back a week later,what your looking for is a car with history if you can trace the history via VW fair enough,but even Ive been offered to have me cars book rubber stamped as much as I wanted,so 7k is a lot of cash.

You have to be impressed with these owners that keep all the tax discs,mot's,service bills,parts bills,tyre bills and of course its service history it speaks volumes.

The couple trains of thought......

1)Cracking body work,anything mechanical will repair.

2)cracking Mechanicals,anything bodywise will repair.

then theres the two combined and thats why you pay more for them.

I just havent found a 95 year old woman with a Vr6 yet,mind you shes probably burnt the clutch out anyway :halfrobot: :blackeye: :onfire:

Sorry if Off topic a bit :offtopic1:

Chubbz