Scanderson_

Help!!!!!

Hi folks I've posted a couple things in here about problems I'm having but I'm at the end of my feather now! I've changed fuel pump, filter, spark plugs, fuel pump relay, checked fuel lines as far as I can go and still nothing! The car is still juddering majorly allllll the time and has bugger all power. I've spent near enough £130 quid for parts the now and has been a complete waste! Really needing as to what it could be.

Thanks

Scott

Unless you can get a diagnostic check through VCDS, its a bit difficult to diagnose other than throwing common faults out and hoping things work by a process of elimination. I think you mentioned it sounding like it was arching, which would point to ignition (coilpack/distributor, or leads), or possibly even MAF with the juddering symptoms. If you can go to someone relatively locally who has VCDS or even if they are willing to be a temporary donor of parts if they have a working car, then it'll be easier to diagnose.

Its one of those things unfortunately, and you could have a car thats a year old and have problems, at which point you'd probably be spending far more than £130 unless it was covered under warrenty mate.

I'll see what I can do bout that mate. The arcing I was told by a Volkswagen guy that the noise sounds like my water pump bearing or something along those lines. Yeah that's true actually I just don't have a lot of money haha so it's gutting no matter what amount. The firing order is correct as far as I know as it was fine then suddenly started doing it and got worse and worse over time. If the leads were in the wrong order wouldn't it have done it from the start? Km not hugely mechanically minded. The distributor arm and cap is the only two things I haven't changed other than the maf sensor. Now when I took the old plugs out they did see a lot white. Is that not too much air getting in?

Pop the dizzy off and have a look inside . Is there arc marks on it ? . These are prone to getting moisture inside them .

If it was the water pump, its on the left hand side of the block as you look at the engine bay. Should help pinpoint where the noise is coming from. Put a request for help out to forum members in the area. If you're not too far, I'm sure someone would be willing to help mate. Good luck with finding it, whatever the problem is.