MDMTechnik

VR6 Storm full restoration

And then some final polishing :dance: The finish is like looking into a mirror, not one single blemish or any sign of orange peel. Huge amount of time and prep definitely pay off.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82929[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82930[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82931[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82932[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82933[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82934[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82935[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82936[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82937[/ATTACH]

Cant wait to get the zinc plated bolts back and build the engine up. Still huge amounts to do but over the half way point now so every step is now closer to completion.

Nice work... Thought about this project when I was in Marlow the other day...

Do you live local? Should of dropped us a message and I would of let you have a look at it.

Do you live local? Should of dropped us a message and I would of let you have a look at it.

Local ish live in Thame. But quick often in Wycombe area.

THAT is impressive. You must be chuffed to bit with the results.

Thanks, yeah I'm well chuffed. My mate painted it in return for building his MK1 Focus RS. He doesn't paint for a living any more as he is very anal and only likes doing things perfectly which costs 3 x more than what most people would charge for a full respray.

When you was saying about using the different grades of paper and dust coats was that the primer?

Yes. I think I mentioned what grades we used on the bare shell and the ones I mentioned a few posts ago was on the primer. I will find out what was used to flatten down the paint, I think it was 800, 1200, 1500 and then 3000.

Thanks, yeah I'm well chuffed. My mate painted it in return for building his MK1 Focus RS. He doesn't paint for a living any more as he is very anal and only likes doing things perfectly which costs 3 x more than what most people would charge for a full respray.
If anything is worth doing, it's worth over-doing!! :)

It certainly looks stunning , great work :)

Do you have all the window trims, roof trims etc ?

That's looking absolutely magnificent.

Proper quality paintwork like this really gets me going.

I've tried and tried and tried to paint and can never get anything like this sort of finish.

It's a real talent and disappointingly rare to find.

Cheers mate. I don't want to find you rubbing yourself up against it at a show though.

I've learnt a lot as well from my mate who has painted it for me and it's all about prep which means huge amounts of time. Not taking anything away from him, a professional painter with the correct equipment could do a stunning job but it's time and if that painter isn't a friend, it's huge money plus stripping the car down to a bare shell.

It certainly looks stunning , great work :)

Do you have all the window trims, roof trims etc ?

Thanks dude.

Yeah I purchased new genuine windows trims from VW when I purchased the front doors. Roof trims I got from bloke who had made them in this site.

At the moment it's just the exhaust which is bugging me. The one that's on the car is from new and it's about to break into 2000 pieces, I can't get a genuine system or a decent OEM system from searching the internet so going to get the Milltek high flow cat and cat back system but they don't offer a manifold. Anyone have a recommendations?

I have but there is no development involved with them and you end up with droning. What Milltek do is they trial many silencer type and sizes and also pipe diameter in order to produce a exhaust which gives optimum power and or torque without droning. With a custom exhaust you simply wouldn't get this. I know I may have to go down the custom route with the manifold but past experiences of custom exhausts are not great.

P

Thanks dude.

Yeah I purchased new genuine windows trims from VW when I purchased the front doors. Roof trims I got from bloke who had made them in this site.

At the moment it's just the exhaust which is bugging me. The one that's on the car is from new and it's about to break into 2000 pieces, I can't get a genuine system or a decent OEM system from searching the internet so going to get the Milltek high flow cat and cat back system but they don't offer a manifold. Anyone have a recommendations?

This is stunning work your doing.

In my opinion the best after market exhaust for the corrado is the supersprint system, nice size oval and sweeps upwards like the original exhaust. Top quality too.

P

This is pstunning work your doing.

In my opinion the best after market exhaust for the corrado is the supersprint system, nice size oval and sweeps upwards like the original exhaust. Top quality too.

Cheers Chris.

I had a superspint on my G60 Corrado, didn't fit well and quality was crap. I know they have changed a lot in the last few years and I had one of the reps come to me a few months back ref selling the exhausts for them. Supersprint is £2.5k, all parts are stainless steel except centre box which is just steel! Still looks very cheap aswell.