robrado974

Feeler for the front indicators being made .

evening everybody . Now this is just a feeler .I thought i would look into this as mine are not cracked but are pitted and in poor condition .I have also looked at polishing products but im not sure if they would be able to be restored to their original state . Im in contact at the moment with a company who can make new lenses for the Corrado . I have some questions . Firstly how many of you would buy them ?, depending on prices of course .How much difference is there between early and late parts ?. I dont wont to get one or the other but the cost will increase if they have to make two seperate moulds . Mine is a 92 but a late car .I bought a set a little while ago and one of the lenses was loose i have just pulled it from the casing , im assuming that if a sharp blade is run around the edge of one that is sealed it will seperate from its holder .I looked on Heritage but could not find any indicators , looked in a few other places but i cannot find any ,i will ring Heritage to find out if they can get any direct from Germany , but i assume they are obsolete now . Obviously the repro parts will not have Hella embossed on them ,i have no wish to be sued. how does that sit with you ? Any thoughts Ladies and gents , would be appreciated .

Rob

Edited by robrado974

I thought front indicators where still available? I bought some from vw last year.

£47.90 from heritage, on their website.

Edited by ChrisL

Yes you are right Chris . How an earth i missed them i will never know , i was using an iphone , i must have just missed them . The only lights i saw were the early fogs . Never mind at least i know you can still get them .

I cant see why you can't sand then lacquer them as you would all red rears?

Plenty of MK1 Ford focus's have had there headlamps flatted and machine polished due to dulling

Even if the pitting is quite deep ? .

I've just looked again using the phone , on Corrado lighting it only shows 18 items , which is why I could not see them .