VAG-hag

Corrado display @ 2016 VW festival

Just arrived in Leeds ready for the morning. My God! What a horrible drive! Why are there 20 miles of roadworks and 40mph limit (although traffic barely moving), yet there wasn't a single friggin workman on the whole thing! Ahhhhhhggggg

6 hours to get here, reminds me why I don't like travelling this far for shows etc.

Yep, us too .nasty drive.

Still , here now all safe .

Off out shortly for a pint and bite to eat :)

I came up Thurs and to make the long long drive worthwhile staying at a hol inn express Leeds east Toby Carvery last night and only £6.75 bargain. Been to York today site seeing National Rail Museum fantastic and Free to go in only a donation if you want well worth a visit. York town very good aswell well worth a visit also.

Leaving about 9 30 in morning see you all there. I'll be representing the CCGB Committee and a sample of merchandise will be available look out for a banner.

Just finished giving the corrado some tlc before driving over tomorrow. Sounds like traffic has been a mare. Can anyone advise whether the problems were just motorway or a roads aswell. Coming from Lancs so was gonna go through Harrogate or should that be avoided? First show and booked for the display so don't wanna get snarled and miss the lock out time!

Corrado finally put back together,

Painted door handles fitted,

Electric Windows fixed, scraper seals fitted, washed and ready for detailing! For the show weekend!!!

Let's hope she starts in the morning and gets me to Leeds!

566ed20b3a71b3c5235c1b6403db2332.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She looked an absolute peach as you flew by!

Excellent Ron

I'll take a top n fleece if you have them.

She looked an absolute peach as you flew by!

Thanks.

Also in Leeds now. Traffic was slow between Harrogate and Leeds, it took an hour. Going to leave fairly sharp in the morning to head up to Harewood. The car needs a good clean, pesky little flies.

Heading out into Leeds for some dinner and beer. Looking forward to seeing all the Cs tomorrow.

Fraser

I just read the letter that came with my display hangar and apparently I needed to buy tickets in advance. Oh well, guess that writes that off for me :( Didn't even give a second thought to tickets and just assumed I could buy on the day.

I'm not heading down now as not long home from my holiday in the North of Scotland and cannot face another 4 hr drive at 0400 tomorrow morning.

Hope you all have a great weekend, I'm just going to play with my R32 instead :thumbleft:

I just read the letter that came with my display hangar and apparently I needed to buy tickets in advance. Oh well, guess that writes that off for me :( Didn't even give a second thought to tickets and just assumed I could buy on the day.

Jim were you coming for the day or for a short weekend! You can buy day tickets on the gate

Jim were you coming for the day or for a short weekend! You can buy day tickets on the gate

Was just planning to come for the day but had a hangar for the club display.. I guess I wouldn't be able to get onto the display? Sorry - my screw up. I should have read the letter - just put it aside and forgot about it :(

I registered too, but on the Corrado club stand? Isn't that for the Corrado display

It says there's plenty of spaces left on Ccgb website.

But the vw festival website says no spaces available.

Daren you camping?

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Camping tomorrow Chris, b&b tonight

Was just planning to come for the day but had a hangar for the club display.. I guess I wouldn't be able to get onto the display? Sorry - my screw up. I should have read the letter - just put it aside and forgot about it :(

As long as you've got the hanger for the display, you can still buy the ticket on the day. Just will mean a slight delay entering the show.

Which I might have to do as well if the misses decides to come.

It says there's plenty of spaces left on Ccgb website.

But the vw festival website says no spaces available.

The CCGB events calendar entries are primarily for the CCGB to gauge how many CCGB members will attend. Not everyone has used the calendar, so I suspect there will be quite a few more CCGB members attending than just the 13 or so that have registered on the CCGB events calendar.

Tempest

If you already have your hanger for the display then you can come and pay on the gate for the day. If you haven't registered come and pay on the gate and say your on the display, I'm sure we could sort something out :)

The CCGB events calendar entries are primarily for the CCGB to gauge how many CCGB members will attend. Not everyone has used the calendar, so I suspect there will be quite a few more CCGB members attending than just the 13 or so that have registered on the CCGB events calendar.

Tempest

Excellent

ef1a95b5b637b490b837b9da6aab257f.jpg

See you tomorrow 😃

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back home now. Good to put some more faces to names and great to see so many Corrados all in one place, and have to say the overall standard of cars is excellent!

Was an absolute nightmare drive up yesterday, but an absolute joy to drive back down today. Weather wasn't too hot, roads were reasonably quiet and surprisingly in a good state of repair, and the car performed impeccably as expected! Hope to see you all again soon!

Oh and sorry, I was utterly useless and barely took a single photo all day, and only one which is out of focus and pretty poor of the cars. :(

Nice picture gives me a lovely warm glow seeing so many in one place.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84310[/ATTACH]

Had a great day, really good to meet all who I did!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84311[/ATTACH]