Chuggs1

OBD Scanner

Hi - advise please can anyone confirm if either of these readers will work on Corrado VR6 1995 - think they are OBD1 but these say OBD 2 - someone on facebook says they should work and work on his - just want confirmation and advice on which one or advice on another one that's not expensive

Thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vgate-Scan-VS450-OBD2-Scan-Tool-Read-And-Clear-Fault-Codes-For-VW-Multi-Cars-/261967434272?hash=item3cfe79d220

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vgate-Scan-VS600-Any-Car-OBD2-EOBD-CAN-BUS-Fault-Code-Scanner-Reader-Tool-/261963669497

Thanks Chris ... Think reading the details again it's the VS450 i need and seems a bargain price too.

that 450 looks good... it say it turn's off the MIL "mother in law" :)

on a different note I remember from "WAYNES" posts he had an orange reader dunno what it was.

Edited by delfinis38

I have the Ross-tech vag com leads and combined with the software can scan absolutely everything on the car. Well worth having but not sure how much the leads are (software is free)

Chris do you have any links for lead and software? Have laptop so this could be a good option

It's from Ross-tech, just had a quick look and the lead is $249 dollars!! Might not be a viable solution for you. They do scan absolutely everything though and equal to what vw use I believe.

Ross-Tech and VCDS is an expensive option, but will work on all VW/Audi/Seat cars and does generic OBD as well. I have it and use it all the time on my C with the 2x2 adapter, and then on my wife's Golf V and father in law's 06 Passat taxi. It's probably the Gold standard bar VW's own stuff. You can also use generic leads with the "lite" version of VCDS - but not as useful.