Joe3954

On the up...

As long as guys are scrapping Corrados because they are worth more in bits how can values rise significantly ? Where is the love and regard for the model with all the scrapage going on ? Also sticking non standard engines in isn't saying mutch for the breed is it ? You won't find Porsches being scrapped and fitted with different engines from entirely different models will you ? Low miler pampered examples will carry a premium but I,m afraid to many have been sold cheaply to young lads and they appear to be throw away cars at times , even VR,s are seen as engine donors for Mk 1 and 2 Golfs . It's a real shame because for me Corrados are on a different planet to what came before them from VW but they just ain't cherished / appreciated , dosent really matter its not affecting my enjoyment of the car but I won't be selling mine cheaply not that I have any thoughts of passing it on anyhow !

What that man said ^^^

When I think about it I couldn't care less about values. I doubt i'll sell mine and if I ever do it'll be because I have no choice. And even then I'd be more concerned about finding it a good home that getting top money.

I love corrados, I've had Mk1, MK2 and Mk3 Golf's in various formats and they have been great. But I get bored easy. I'd never really considered a Corrado as the only one I ever wanted, the G60, was for so long outside my price range and i'll be honest kind of forgot about them. I had my early Mk3 Golf VR6 a couple of years ago but got bored and fancied a change, I developed some shameful weird itch for a classic subaru impreza turbo, so sold the Golf and immediately went and purchased one. It made alot of noise and was very fast but I felt like a d*ck driving it. I was a Colin McRae wannabe because driving this peice of turbo charged agricultural equipment normally and safely seemed an impossible task. The novelty wore off very quickly and sold it to the first person who paid me what I was due on it.

Anyway the buyer of the Subaru turned up in a beautiful late VR6 Corrado, a dark silver with cream leather running porshe rims and that was me. Never looked back since. I spent weeks looking for a G60 and knew I couldn't affoard a minter but I didn't care, I just had to own one. I secured one on the cheap, and it blew up very quickly. It is a damn hard car to keep going and tests your patients many times. But when all is well and your out behind the wheel, something special happens that I just don't get with any other car.

So yeah, I've relised value means nothing to me in the corrado like it did in all other cars i've owned. I thought I was striving to make the car as good as it can be so to get the best return but in reality I do it for myself and the pleasure I get from driving it.

Ironically everyone round my way has an Impreza, I hate them with a passion now. When you have a car you love, how fast it goes in a straight line is irrelevant.

I buy my weekend cars for pleasure and not their future value, a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

I've just git rid of a concours show winning series 1 mk1 Golf with 32k on the clock but as it was a 5 dr GLS it was worth £5500, if it was a 3dr GTI then it would have been £20k plus.

The prices of certain cars are just silly IMO and for me a weekend car is upto £5k and then as much cash that I can afford to improve it without ruining it's original state.

I bought my Mk1 Sportline for £3k in 2010, spent £10k prob on improving it and sold it in amazing condition for £7k but loved every second of it

I love my new VR6 and will hopefully sort out all its niggles and over the years make it as good as I can without ruining it so it can be sold on and cherished.