VR-Sixy

Rip Off? Not much.........

Car insurance renewal time. Currently with Endsleigh - you may or may not have heard of them. Current payment £23.18/month fully comp. 14 years NCD, been with them for the last 2 years now. Got the renewal letter this evening when i got home from work.

Ready for this?

Month payment from 1st November to stay with them - now £38.49/month. That's about a 75-80 percent hike. This equates to £739.99/year with pay monthlty fees via Direct Debit.

Look online at Compare the Meerkat - same company - same car details as it has been since 2001, £262.99/year.

HOW DO THEY SERIOUSLY THINK THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH THIS?

Would love to hear some of your comments...... and are they gonna get the phone call from hell in the morning...... you bet they are!

Cheers!

I was with Adrian flux for 6 years every year the renewal was higher, I would then every time go on confused find a better quote and they would match it, I think they just do this as it's easy money considering how many people I know that don't bother to get a better quote and just go with the renewal.

Insurance company antics never surprise me anymore. Only this year I swapped my 2004 Boxster S Anniversary for a 2003 Boxster S. The premium nearly doubled! I spent nearly an hour trying to explain to them that the cars were more or less identical, if anything the Anniversqry should be more (slightly increased power and higher spec). They would not budge and could not explain it. I look forward to renewal time and the usual dance

It's the old 'bait and switch' tactic used by these unscrupulous companies. Bending the law as far as they can go. I don't think i've ever used the same company two years in a row.

So will be looking for my insurance soon - was with Direct line as just needed to get the car insured quick when I bought. But will now be looking for agreed value - who is the best and whats involved with getting agreed value.

So will be looking for my insurance soon - was with Direct line as just needed to get the car insured quick when I bought. But will now be looking for agreed value - who is the best and whats involved with getting agreed value.

Some companies dont do an agreed value Chuggs . Im sorry but you have no option but to speak to them all to get the best quote . Its been said a million times , but they do make it up as they go along !. I know that there are chaps on here younger than me [im 46 this month], with virtually the same mods and they get cheaper quotes , ring the same company and it come in more expensive WTF !. I live in a good area and have been driving since 1988. No accidents , claims or points . Cue a ball ache and many hours on the phone for you mate ,but its the only way . I dread it every year .

Elmsleigh kicked into touch at the end of the month. I have never heard such a load of corporate waffle and well rehearsed lines as to why the premium has rocketed up. Clear as the nose on your face that the guy i was speaking to was really uncomfortable with all the figures i found on Compare The Meerkat... particularly their renewal price, and the price for the same Elmsleigh insurance i found on line - £559.00 difference. It was all i could do to stop calling them a bunch of theiving fcukers there and then. The only reason I didn't was because I need my proof of no claims when this term has ended.

Got Privilege Insureance lined up - £168.63/year fully comp, all the usual accoutraments.... works out to just under £17.00/month. Happy Bunny.

AV policies require an independent valuation (if you have one) and the provision of six colour photographs showing all four sides, the interior and the engine bay. If you don't have a valuation we can validate the value you place on it by the photos.

AV policies require an independent valuation (if you have one) and the provision of six colour photographs showing all four sides, the interior and the engine bay. If you don't have a valuation we can validate the value you place on it by the photos.

Hi - I don't have a valuation but can get 6 photos done also the car is very low mileage (55K) - is there an email I can send photos to and a form I can complete so I can get a quote

Thanks

Hi - I don't have a valuation but can get 6 photos done also the car is very low mileage (55K) - is there an email I can send photos to and a form I can complete so I can get a quote

Thanks

If you call us for the quote, we'll quote using the value you're looking for and then deal with the paperwork afterwards if you like the quote.

Best,

Nick

Hi guys,

I have both my Corrado and Audi A4 insured through HIC (Herts Insurance https://www.hertsinsurance.com/)

For the Corrado, I had an agreed value, all mods declared, £150 voluntary excess and 5000 limited miles. I have had a license for about 5 years but at the time of renewal was only 4. My 4 years NCB were on the Audi but they took this into account for the Corrado insurance, im also a CCGB member...I pay around the £250 mark fully comp.

HIC are well worth a shout, can even go on their website and request a call back. The staff have always been nice and helpful too - ive never made a claim so don't know what that is like - plus one of the managers there is a Corrado fan and owner so give good discounts :-)

hope this helps

hi I use peter taylor insurance, classic car policy , 3000k miles limited, £ 106 all in fully comp, by far the cheapest and friendliest insurance company I have ever dealt with

It's those sorts of prices that are making me want to get my VR back to completely bone stock standard. Not that it's exactly heavily modified but insurance companies sure love pricing up based on modifications!