Rich the Chef

Uprated headlight wiring loom.

Hi.

I'm after some fitting instructions for an aftermarket headlamp loom.

It has two genuine connectors with a wire coming off each. Which I presume are for fogs?

There is the battery lead and three relays and a cluster of spade clip ends...

I'll try and post a photo. But if it's similar to anything I can use as a guide I'd like to get it fitted. I just bought the car and it has a dodgy updated loom already and no dip beam! So failed it's mot today.

sounds like you have a failed relay in the 'dodgy' loom you mention

couple of £'s to fix

FYI normally on an uprated loom with 2 relays if one goes you either loose main beam or dipped beam - should be an easy fix potentially

however, sounds like you have a better loom to replace it with as it has 3 relays - normally one for each side dipped beam & then one for main beam

uprated looms don't normally connect up to fogs.

possibly the wire off each genuine connector is to loop it back into the factory loom so as the lights work off the dash switch

check out my build thread as that may help, it has lots of pics of me fitting a loom made by KUR2Y on here

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?44751-g0ldf1ng3r-s-VR-amp-1-8-16V-the-valver-has-heat!-amp-now-pokey-lights-too!/page25

I had the same problem when i fitted an uprated loom, no sidelights, didn't bother me until mot time, i had to remove the loom, tried two different ones as well.

You have to disconnect the dim - dip resistor when you fit an updated loom otherwise you can't select side lights and with the ignition on

You have to disconnect the dim - dip resistor when you fit an updated loom otherwise you can't select side lights and with the ignition on

that would be disconnecting the yellow connectors then Dox :)

where's this yellow connector then? I fitted an uprated, two relay loom a while back but took it off quick smart as it was a choice of one dipped of the other full beam only!

Should be beside the battery, behind the headlight. The resistor is bolted to the inner wing, and the yellow connectors attached to that.

where's this yellow connector then? I fitted an uprated, two relay loom a while back but took it off quick smart as it was a choice of one dipped of the other full beam only!

It wont cure that issue anyway.

Dim - dip, ignition off one click of the headlamp switch puts side lights on, 2nd click puts dipped beam on (or main beam if selected by the column switch.

Dim - dip with ignition on, one click puts on dipped beam on with reduced voltage via a wire wound resistor (reduces the voltage to the dipped beam bulb), 2nd click puts on dipped beam with full voltage.