nakgti

Where are they all gone..

Hi all , Haven't really posted here much at all , but have been watching away from the side line : D

Anyhow's I buy performance vw every month and i don't see too many Corrado's in there ? Even now that they seem to be covering a lot of the years car shows . There doesn't seem to be many in the pics..?

I've noticed that too. Not sure why, there are some incredible Corrados out there but I suppose more people just need to put themselves forward............

I stopped buying the mag a long time back . The way i see it , the Corrado takes a back seat when it comes to the Golfs . Ive noticed the same at shows . You will be lucky to see a Corrado in PVW more than twice a year .

It's not just the corrados that don't get enough coverage what about the polo's beetle etc etc. I can understand it being golf heavy as there are many more out there maybe catering to the masses.

Don't know why but i still buy it.... Something to read at breakfast : D . Now i suppose it has got more and more modern lately . But i am always looking through to see the Corrado's as i am trying to justify buying another at the moment ;) (Shhhh don't tell the wife... )

Just tell her the reason they aren't often in there, is that they're so rare, yet still very sought after. Once you've bought one, you can tell her you got an absolute bargain and it was too good to turn down!!

LOL Sean,,, Did that when i bought my jeep , And the last corrado i bought i hid at my fathers till i got around to breaking the news to her : D . I've seen a 96 vr for sale that i am very tempted to look at ( Well i know if i look i'll end up buying it....

I think there are a couple of issues with the corrado making it into the pages of some of these mags.

1. It is now relatively rare. Compared even to a mk1 or mk2 scirocco they didn't make many at all so 20 years later they're getting few and far between. To put it in context, I've just had a look on autotrader and there are the same number of Aston Martin DB6's and VR6's currently for sale..... Which leads me onto my next point...

2. People aren't modifying them as much these days. Most people are restoring them now, just look at the number of people currently doing that on this forum!

Just my thoughts, obviously

They are also not very "scene" are they. Always been the black sheep at shows.....

Fair point. Yours is surely worth a feature mate?

Not yet!

Air is not for me mate, not on a rado anyway..... and I cant get fancy wheels as my brakes are too big :thumbleft:

Most of the Corrado's I see at shows are ones someone has spent months in their garages building it up and making sure its perfect but driveable, most of the features I read are "I bought this car looking a state and sent it straight off to *insert current in fashion spray shop here* to work their magic". If Corrado's ever start going up in value I think we might see more but you are more likely to see money back from a modified golf than you are a corrado.

Personally I'd love someone to feature my car but sadly it will never happen because I'm not prepared to sacrifice driveability and smooth out things that make my engine run in the name of fashion.

Air is not for me mate, not on a rado anyway..... and I cant get fancy wheels as my brakes are too big :thumbleft:

Hell's yeah for big brakes!!

Mr Swiftkid, you're right. The Corrado certainly seems to attract owners that want to do the majority of work themselves and bring it back to OEM style condition. Which I personally love.

There are some great cars on the forum that would be fully deserving of a feature.

I've just came from mk1's and the values have gone stupid IMO.

I sold both my crackers this year in less than 24hrs and for good money but not ott silly money that people are now asking.

I personally think Corrados are great value and in my world the correct price for my toy.

I am doing what others are saying that people are doing, as in buying a decent car and making it the best it can be without ruining it and without bankrupting myself.

If I had more skills I would do it all myself like said above but sadly I've not.

Just wondering ,, As people are saying that everyone is keeping them standard , i have a question... A 96 VR Corrado. Did they come with different wheels.... ( More like the mk3 bbs ). Just i am about to look at a 96 vr and it has these wheels on it....? I am all about keeping thing standard. This is the route i've gone with my MK2.

not got rims on credit & air mate..... :lol:

Thought you said you was going to get some hawian flowers and a smurf for your towing eye ?? And a window sticker saying dope ?

Just wondering ,, As people are saying that everyone is keeping them standard , i have a question... A 96 VR Corrado. Did they come with different wheels.... ( More like the mk3 bbs ). Just i am about to look at a 96 vr and it has these wheels on it....? I am all about keeping thing standard. This is the route i've gone with my MK2.

Standard rims were the speedlines, but their were other options one being Monte Carlo and think brands hatch... But very rare.

The storms came with bbs solitudes which were the same as fitted to the golf of that era. You see some non storms with these bbs on these days.

Edited by delfinis38

Thought you said you was going to get some hawian flowers and a smurf for your towing eye ?? And a window sticker saying dope ?

the sticker is for pass side of the windscreen when I give you a lift :lol:

yeah manz I iz wew sceeeene innit. dope, ill, sick and what have you.

fair chance these wheels are off a storm or indeed a mk3 golf. 6 spoke?

If someone says to me once more thats a nice Corrdobo, Colorado or even a Scirroco I will scream. There seems to be even more being broken up these days shameful. But at least my original loved and now tucked away with a fixed value for the winter is getting rarer. As a member of CCGB we are trying to widen the audiance and attend more general classic shows as well as VW shows. So you should see more of them in the future and get from the public "I used to have one of them best car I ever had great handling". Why not join.