seanrodford

Headlight looms

Hi everyone I am debating making a batch of 10 corrado headlight loom upgrades.. I have had a look round at others and have to say the quality looks awful.. I'm looking at making a batch similar to the quality of the spoonfed looms with waterproof relays and bases (not maplin crimps) and mountings specific to the corrado with lengths perfect and plugs that will plug into the headlight.. Would anyone be interested price will be around 50 pounds delivered and will be capable of running ring 130w bulbs if anyone is interested I will get ordering parts to build them

*update*

i will be making the looms for mid February 2016 there will be 10 available to start with

they will consist of 3 40 amp waterproof relays two for dipped one for mains and waterproof bases and plugs to plug direct into corrado headlights

Provisional name list

-P3rks

-sankysvr6

-culshaw

-joebloggsvr69

-frx

-Darren Brimble

-KARMANN

-vagstuff

-Hisnibs

-MDMTechnik

Edited by seanrodford

Yep, I'd be interested. I bought the rayne automotive one last year and I've had nothing but ballache with it.

I too would be interested. Waterproof sounds good to me. How many relays would it have?

Yep, I'd be interested. I bought the rayne automotive one last year and I've had nothing but ballache with it.

I've got a Rayne loom to fit this week, what's been the issue with yours?

I've got a Rayne loom to fit this week, what's been the issue with yours?

The blade fuses keep on popping (mainly the full beam side thankfully)

The blade fuses keep on popping (mainly the full beam side thankfully)

Uprated bulbs?

Uprated bulbs?

Yep, think they're nightbreakers. Really not amusing when they suddenly go, especially when you've got ya nan in the back coming back from the hosp!

Osrams pull closer to 70w each and with the other h3 bulbs your looking at a 20 amp pull from the bulbs that's when they're got the initial pull from four bulbs is likely why there blowing on main beam ideally it should have 3 relays on a corrado. Mine are still in development so will be a month or two before there perfect but I assure you they will be nice 50 is a 2 relay price be about 60 maybe just under for a 3 relay but 3 relay would be the best alot less stress on them especialy when uprated but even the spoonfed kit only has the two 40 amp relays same as my kits will

Thanks

I'd be interested if it's done properly! My last loom was hacked up so it was long enough and had a waterproof box.

I have now ordered 10 sets of plugs waterproof relays and waterproof fuse holders these will be plug and play looms taken a feed from your original 4 pin plug on the n/s headlight should be ready to send mid February and will be 10 sets only I'm only going to do 3 relay looms so that there reliable given the extra load on main beam

I have now ordered 10 sets of plugs waterproof relays and waterproof fuse holders these will be plug and play looms taken a feed from your original 4 pin plug on the n/s headlight should be ready to send mid February and will be 10 sets only I'm only going to do 3 relay looms so that there reliable given the extra load on main beam

What plugs will you be using to connect to the back of the headlight? A few years back someone managed to source the genuine plugs!

Can I suggest you give the option of a spare relay for diagnostic purposes in the future?

ECP have Phillips 30% brighter H4s at half price at the moment (I had to get H3s off ebay as ECP only stock Osram H3s).

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volkswagen_Corrado_2.9_1994/p/car-accessories/winter-essentials/winter-maintenance/upgrade-headlamp-bulb/?48177019P&0&cc5_847%5Ecc5_1051%5E

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252155290155?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Yes I could always offer an extra relay with every kit if wanted I will work out a price later for the kit with an extra relay just for spare 100% correct prices will be updated later

Ok a 3 relay loom with one spare relay is going to be £62 delivered or £57 without the spare relay

I'm only going to make 3 relay ones because I want all of them to be reliable for everyone

I can also do cheaper ones if you wanted to hard wire them in using your own light plugs. And they will be ready mid Feb depending how long relays take to arrive

Fine by me!

Can you make the loom long enough to fit along the correct loom path across the slam panel? The last one I bought was only long enough to pull straight across which was a pain!

Yes I am going to develop it using my vr to run perfect with the original one and it will be completely heat shrunk black. I want it to look as oe as possible

I'm way too excited by all of this hahaha. Just 2 things: any idea how it'll be mounted? As my current one's mounted on the rad support near the battery and looks a dogs dinner. And 2, can anything be done about the yellow ballasts? I've just disconnected them at the minute and they just flop about.

I'm still developing these soo all your input is good so that I can make these the best fitting looms we can. What yellow ballast is it that's flapping? Any photos of mountings and loom routes is appreciated so we get them spot on