seanrodford

Headlight looms

Its the dim dip resistor with the yellow plugs. It needs to be disconnected when fitting an uprated loom. Best thing you can do is try to wrap them up and hide them away so as not to corrode the connections, but doubt you'll be able to incorporate it into the loom you're making Sean.

Prices will just start going up and up if you start adding waterproof boxes to fit these into, so its better that prospective buyers do as they see fit with them. I've wrapped mine and hid them up inside the battery blanket so they're not exposed to the elements.

Yeh, the 2 cored yellow plug that's actually mounted to the fender. Tbh, I've no idea of its function but connected it prevented the lights from working 100%. Mate thought they were ballasts (bugger knows).

A male to male blanking connector (if such a thing exists) would be triffic, assuming that is, mine isn't playing silly buggers and you're not supposed to disconnect it.

when the OEM connectors are used it could present a routing issue

there are a few tight gaps if you cant get your headlights out & the OEM connectors are quite chunky

also, are you planning on water proofing the relays or just the fuses as per the spoonfed link you posted?

reason I ask is that most issues happen due to a failed relay, rather than fuse, & normally due to them getting damp etc.

however, that said in the 6 years I have had my KUR2Y loom on the VR I have only had 1 failed relay which I simply replaced & all was good again

& yes as per seanl82 says an uprated loom needs the yellow dim dip needs to be disconnected & taped up

seanrodford - if you are interested & if it would hep you I did an install guide kinda thing when I fitted the valvers a couple of months ago. photos show the routing I took & the mounting of relays etc

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?44751-g0ldf1ng3r-s-VR-amp-1-8-16V-headlight-woe-s/page25

Ahh perfect thanks dude will check that out I can always send ready to install the offside connector yourselves to aid in routing the loom yes the relays are both waterproof relays and waterproof baces so should have no water or corrosion issues

Ahh perfect thanks dude will check that out I can always send ready to install the offside connector yourselves to aid in routing the loom yes the relays are both waterproof relays and waterproof baces so should have no water or corrosion issues

happy to help fella - PM me if anything is unclear on it or you have any questions

good news about the waterproof relays - I will keep an eye on how you do that

good luck

edit - FYI my mention of issues removing headlights is due to the hidden screws which can be a right royal pain in the ass. i am still unsure how i am meant to remove that rounded off screw lol

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Not sure what they was thinking putting that screw there I spent about ten mins the other day trying to remove it and it turned out there was no clip so screw was just spinning 2 mins with my trim tool and screw was out.

Haven't had the joy of that screw on the new c yet but I remember it well on my valver..... I fired some f***s into it and eventually if came out

Haven't had the joy of that screw on the new c yet but I remember it well on my valver..... I fired some f***s into it and eventually if came out

Lol

I have had a look at my car and my loom goes around the engine bay how would people like it could be an option running under the lower grill support cb1bf463f3e545e14a964d427e3556b4.jpg4feb316543f238c8f387b8d45b11dfa4.jpg

The issue, like Goldfinger said, if you route the proper way / under the slam panel (That's where I routed my last one). You WILL NOT get the OE plug out and up through the chassis holes in front of the Charcoal canister where they ideally need to be. So you'll have to find an alternate idea or route.

Possibly for those wanting to route properly you could leave the OE plug off the loom? It should only be a few wires needing to be plugged in once the cable is routed? If that makes sense?

yes i did suggest earlier about leaving the offside plug unplugged to aid looming it under the panel its up to people buying if they want it this way

yes i did suggest earlier about leaving the offside plug unplugged to aid looming it under the panel its up to people buying if they want it this way

Skim reading fail! My apologies. Looks like you have it all covered.

Like I say, count me in 100%

*update*

i will be making the looms for mid February 2016 there will be 10 available to start with

they will consist of 3 40 amp waterproof relays one for dipped two for mains and waterproof bases and plugs to plug direct into corrado headlights

Provisional name list

-P3rks

-sankysvr6

-culshaw

-joebloggsvr69

-frx

-Darren Brimble

-KARMANN

Mon 11-Jan-16 21:05

Can I go on the List, please, as number 8 ?

*update*

i will be making the looms for mid February 2016 there will be 10 available to start with

they will consist of 3 40 amp waterproof relays one for dipped two for mains and waterproof bases and plugs to plug direct into corrado headlights

Provisional name list

-P3rks

-sankysvr6

-culshaw

-joebloggsvr69

-frx

-Darren Brimble

-KARMANN

Mon 11-Jan-16 21:05

Can I go on the List, please, as number 8 ?

done...