john46

Best oil and spark for my VR6 ?

Gona do a oil and filter change on my vr6 will get the filter from VW and was going to use the quantum 10/40 part synthetic is this the way to go ? And also genuine plugs from VW a good way to go ? Want it running sweet what are people's thoughts

There is a guide in the search for the best oil , it depends on mileage etc . As for the plugs I don't think you can go wrong with NGK ,I've used them on every service I've done on my car . Or TPS plugs , I can't remember which ones they sell , but they will be excellent quality .

Ngk for plugs

Quantum 10/40 if you have a healthy engine and don't go thrashing it

Fully synthetic 10/50 and your engine is either getting on a bit or you like to thrash it and see regular high oil temps.

Best bet is to have a read through the oil advice thread as people have much better advice but that's what I would advise

John i did my oil change opted for VW's Synta 10/40, £22 for 5litres and don't forget you need approx 6.2 litres if i'm correct, also got the filter as well.

VW Commercial do Synta 5 litres for a tenner at Volksfling Car show in Scotland every year.

Total bargain :dance:

Castrol Edge full synthetic 0W40, but I'm changing it to the standard oil 10W40. I ran Royal Purple 10W30 and spun a bearing on my first engine.