Reef master

Should I sell the storm....

Hi all,

Again all odds its listed on a well known auction site...

Simon who came to purchse we thought had fallen in love, had a drive said it was better than he had thought paid a deposit...

Then shortly after i had a message saying due to problems his end and things out of his control he would be pulling out????

Have had so much interest thought running an auction was the fairest way then you all get a look in .

Good luck

hi all

She is still there and for sale...

It sold on eBay with the bidder asking no questions and after bidding 3k offered a few hundred quid without even looking at it.

It's £3k and a good one :-)

hi all

She is still there and for sale...

It sold on eBay with the bidder asking no questions and after bidding 3k offered a few hundred quid without even looking at it.

It's £3k and a good one :-)

I remember a time when eBay wasn't full of morons... it's such a shame! Hope you do manage to get this sold eventually!

Just out of curiosity, has it ever had the clutch or timing chains replaced?

Cheers, I'm wondering if it's a sign and I should be putting her into storage for 10 years...

If you don't lower the price you'll still have it in 10 years anyway.

The bodywork is poor, every panel needs work and paint - £3K for a good job that will last a while if looked after.

The running gear will need work after being stood all this time, the dash has holes from the phone kit and needs replacing, the only thing good about the car is the seats, worth £500-600 or so.

Roger Chatfield recently sold his mystic storm for around £5K, 3 forum enthusiast members and online history for years.

Before you dismiss my ramblings as rubbish, I've bought 3 cars off this forum, a VR6 with leather, a green storm and a G60 rolling shell, all 3 combined cost less than the £3K you're asking.

Prices are creeping up for the best examples out there, yours has been for sale for 2 months, at £3K (or £4K buy it now) I can't see it selling anytime soon.

GLWS :)

from the experience of the gf selling her storm last year - you haven't a chance at that price with those faults I am afraid

restore now or store away if you want a good price, else I would expect a big drop from your figure

Have to agree with Dox unfortunately.

I can't remember a car in worse condition selling on here in recent years? I've seen much better cars broken for spares.

I'm not meaning to be nasty, just realistic

I suppose on the plus side it has an mot, but like the last few posters have to agree it needs alot of money throwing at it. Might be better if you can't get what your after to consider restoring it yourself.

Have to agree too I'm afraid; for my part I picked up a completely original 1 owner from new 120k storm (with full history and original bill of sale stating storm from the dealership and comprehensive Fsh) a few years ago for just over £3k in excellent condition with only a 50p size of rust bubbling on one wing. I would say Persons (who want storms in particular) generally want them in or to get them up to a very good condition and that's costs money...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For everybody's info wondering what there car is worth or what ones going to cost them we received £3300 for the car and that was to a dealer.

Hold on tight there on the up.

We miss her already,

Enjoy your cars lovely people

Well done and thanks, You achieved a great price, this further evidence that prices are on the up.

I hope you don't miss her too much!

It's going to a a full restoration with engine rebuild and bare shell respray, in the meantime, £6,500 will buy it ;)

-The trader who bought it

It's going to a a full restoration with engine rebuild and bare shell respray, in the meantime, £6,500 will buy it ;)

Excellent news

I just found my dream car... Search for yours via Auto Trader #DrivenByMe

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201606215137076

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL you could have had it for less than half that price last year when it was advertised on here m8

it was my gf's storm & the guy is trying to make £5 grand on it!!

After the resto? :thumbleft:

But well done for restoring another example for posterity

After the resto? :thumbleft:

But well done for restoring another example for posterity

Hahaha think I might put a "1" in front of the price after the resto