Stone0311

Gearbox/Bell Housing Refurb

After spending alot of time cleaning and restoring my engine it is time to face the gear box which has sat unloved for 2yrs.

Before I go down the road of wire brushes and degreaser I was wondering about getting it shot blasted with my next load of parts - anyone done this? Shouldn't be too hard to protect the valuables, was considering a piece of ply over the end of the bell housing and tape up everything else.

Any thoughts?

We normally strip the gearbox as part of a rebuild and then sandblast the casings, as opposed to shot blast. The finer grit affords a more OEM finish, rather this than the coarse finish given by shot. We then powder coat the casings with clear lacquer to give an OEM look. Combine this with re-plated metal components and any 02A gearbox looks fantastic.

6cc00417032715032fe7b8f862c96255.jpg

http://www.johnmitchellracing.co.uk

If you were to try blast cleaning without strip down, this is possible but always risky with the chance of blasting media damage or internal contamination.

Chances are that your gearbox has never been looked at in its life and this would be the ideal opportunity to do so. Also you could have the right job done, without the need to re-visit this aspect of the vehicle for many years to come.

That does look very nice. What sort of price is the vr to be refurbed. (Thoughts for the future)

I'm currently refurbing my gearbox and wondered if you could put a package together for just the bolt and washers ?

I'm currently refurbing my gearbox and wondered if you could put a package together for just the bolt and washers ?

This is not a problem, we will need to discuss some detail here to ensure you get the best result. Can you call me at the workshop on Monday so we can firm up a package to meet your needs.

JMR Ltd 01903 718684. I look forward to hearing from you.