PaulV

Towing Recommendations - Help Appreciated

Hi

Any help appreciated!

Need to get my VR from Altrincham to Stealth Racing (Google says 114 miles).

Driveable but have no MOT (long story) so needs a tow.

At the moment the lowest quote I've had is £220 but was hoping it could be done cheaper than that.

Anyone any good contacts or know what a good price looks like these days?

Thanks

Paul

I would say £220 is a good price. Had to get a car picked up and was about 140 miles and cheapest I could get was £230.

Cheaper to hire a flat bed yourself and do it. Only restrictions are mileage allowances but will still probably be half that. Just need to take fuel cost into account.

Don't you need a class c licence for a flat bed? Trailer hire could also be an option. I hired one for £50 for the day.

I'm pretty sure "B1" will cover use of that just ask the hire company they will soon tell you.

Thanks for the replies all - I'll have a look around for hire options, never thought of that.

Cheaper to hire a flat bed yourself and do it. Only restrictions are mileage allowances but will still probably be half that. Just need to take fuel cost into account.

contemplated this a few times but what you need to think about is the fuel as the flat bed will cost approx £100 for the day but add in possibly 60 to 70 pounds of fuel, then your time (unless you are going down with it aswell) sometimes its more economically viable to pay someone to do it.

£220 doesnt seem that bad a quotation.

I used Shiply to get quotes for moving a Corrado from Bury st Edmonds to Glasgow....320miles and the quotes ranged from £1200 to about £400.....ended up being lucky as a guy bid late on, just as I was about to accept the £400 ......got it done for £250. It's mostly down to finding someone going the right way at the right time :)

I used Shiply to get quotes for moving a Corrado from Bury st Edmonds to Glasgow....320miles and the quotes ranged from £1200 to about £400.....ended up being lucky as a guy bid late on, just as I was about to accept the £400 ......got it done for £250. It's mostly down to finding someone going the right way at the right time :)

True story mate if you can't find someone that has a job going the other way to tie the two together that always gets a better price