g0ldf1ng3r

Site running on IE keeps logging me out

Hi

can anyone pls tell me if they are also experiencing an issue with the site logging them out for no apparent reason?

for the past few days I keep getting logged out of the site when I refresh the page. I run IE11 & it did not used to do it last week.

if for example I have an IE page open with me logged in, I minimise it for lets say 5 - 10 mins, go back to the page, click refresh & it logs me out

very annoying as I have to keep logging back in :(

I don't cache any user name or pwds

any thoughts anyone?

thanks

I don't think anyone else will have this problem as NO ONE uses IE :-P

I don't think anyone else will have this problem as NO ONE uses IE :-P

lol

I used to use chrome for this forum a while ago but it played up on there so I switched to IE, but only for the forum

it is bugging me as I am an IT admin & cant figure why it does it

PC is all update, browsers too, cache cleared blah de blah

IM SORRY, your having problems with IE and wondering what it is? you answered your own question there mr.finger, so, do you get thank-you letters from microsoft or something, im assuming you do, being the only person left in the universe to not have uninstalled the software?

Well chrome works fine for me even at work on our DELL computers! Not any privacy settings interfering with it ?

Well chrome works fine for me even at work on our DELL computers! Not any privacy settings interfering with it ?

IE.... DELL... its all coming out the woodwork now, next will be someone running windows 98

Windows 98.... Take 3 away and you'll understand my problems hahaha!

Windows 98.... Take 3 away and you'll understand my problems hahaha!

ha ha that is almost as bad as me having to work with some NT servers PMSL

ive got more GB of memory in my home PC than some of the servers i support have GB in primary hard drive!

switching back to chrome to test forum again & due to you lot making me feel diirty for using IE lol

haha, Just glad nothing came up about firefox! I would just push my PC of the desk.

haha, Just glad nothing came up about firefox! I would just push my PC of the desk.

at this rate it could be getting ejected out the window anyway

bl00dy chrome doing the same thing. im sure it doesnt do it when i am using chrome on my home pc but i shut it down so cant teamviewer to it for a quick test

ha ha that is almost as bad as me having to work with some NT servers PMSL

ive got more GB of memory in my home PC than some of the servers i support have GB in primary hard drive!

switching back to chrome to test forum again & due to you lot making me feel diirty for using IE lol

Try being in my job! I've got more memory on the stick at the back of the kitchen drawer I won in a raffle 10 years ago than the system I maintain at work!

Try being in my job! I've got more memory on the stick at the back of the kitchen drawer I won in a raffle 10 years ago than the system I maintain at work!

ha ha ha you gotta love these companies that 'invest' eh sean!

Haha, the worst thing is, I work on a bloody warship!

blimey! hope you have a stock of spare parts aboard....if they still exist that is lol

thought i would put an update here as since my last post i have changed absolutely nothing at all but now my sessions are not being logged out every few minutes

it makes a nice change to be able to type a post & then not have to bloody logging back in

odd though lol

woo hoo - chrome behaving again today

logged on for a few hours now & havent been logged out once!!

have you got a cookie cleaner that has a 5 minute clean cycle? the site will store a cookie each time you login (if you choose remember me) and that should remain in your cookies for 30 days unless you clear them yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you got a cookie cleaner that has a 5 minute clean cycle? the site will store a cookie each time you login (if you choose remember me) and that should remain in your cookies for 30 days unless you clear them yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no m8 - good idea though but i dont tend to use 'cleaner' type software

oddly it sorted itself out with me doing nothing, both for IE & chrome, as such i dont think it was my local settings