blackrs2000custom

fixed my Vr6 sunroof

Well after getting my car on the road after doind a load of work over the last 3 months the sunroof decided to pack up on a rare sunny day in Scotland. Having spent a fortune lately I was determined to have a go and see if there was a chance of repairing it.

It did work sliding and tilting before and it stopped in the tilt position and needed winding back manually with the allen key.

First off I checked voltage at the 7 pin connection one wire at a time .live ,negative, central locking feed , back director, tilt and forward direction. All was good so switch and voltage feeds were good.

Next removed the motor assembly from the roof removed the black plastic cover and desoldered the motor from the pc board .

Cleaned the armature which was covered in black carbon and grease. The brushes were good and had plenty of life so resoldered it back on the pc board.

Reinstalled it but no joy , then noticed by pushing on the pc board it worked." light bulb moment " dry solder joint !

Resoldered everything includind relay joints under the black connector and plug ,problem solved woo hoo something that didn't cost money for a change.

Cheers Neil

You could probably start a little business up doing this! I've fixed the roof so many times that I eventually gave up and decided to leave it closed 😠