lilfuzzer

BE VERY AWARE!!! posting parts via parcelforce

I have just been informed while trying to get compensation for a parcel that was damaged in transit via parcelforce. They have kindly informed me that due to the item being an automotive part it is excluded from compensation due to damage. This has really annoyed me as send quite of lot of bits and I am sure others do to. So thought I would warn people as this has left me significantly out of pocket due to careless treatment of the parcel.

They are all as bad Chris . Chucking parcels around throwing them to the back of the van ! , none of them give a monkeys . Typical of them to have a get out clause .

Must be cost as car parts can cost a fair bit. UPS from now on then

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Seems daft though Jon they ask if 100 pounds covers the cost of item as you process. But that appears for loss only. Therefore as Rob mentioned they can kick from pillar to post with no recourse. But if it falls off the van then you covered!

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Seems daft though Jon they ask if 100 pounds covers the cost of item as you process. But that appears for loss only. Therefore as Rob mentioned they can kick from pillar to post with no recourse. But if it falls off the van then you covered!

It is daft mate

Gutted for your Chris.

My mate recently had a very expensive TR6 gearbox & overdrive unit damaged by UPS. Denied all knowledge of it & blamed the sender!!

I work in logistics & deal with couriers every day. I think most of them are much of a muchness to be honest. That said DPD seem very good & have an excellent tracking system & their delivery slots are normally quite accurate. Try Interparcel, which is a site a lot of couriers use for business, & compare rates, terms, insurance etc.

Cheers for the advice steve will give them a go 👍

It is daft mate

Haha yeah rant over but dont want anyone else losing out

Good to know that ups are doing it too avoid them aswell

Here's hoping the carbon fibre bike parts I posted yesterday don't get broken. If they do they'll obviously be home décor items and nothing to do with a motorbike.

Parcel Force and Royal Mail are a joke. I've had good success (and signinficantly reduced costs!!) shipping stuff with our couriers such as UPS, etc via Parcel2Go.

I always use Parcel2go and have never had issues. I plaster my stuff in 'fragile' tape. Recently sent a striped down G-Lader and it arrived in perfect condition from UPS.

+1 for DPD, always had good experiences with both sending and receiving parcels and as mentioned, the time slots are pretty spot-on

I've been lucky as never had any probs with RM or PF. Posted LOADS of car parts over the years. Didn't know car parts aren't covered though. They fail to mention that at the Post Office when you buy the service.

I wonder what else isn't covered? Valuable watches, TV screens, concrete blocks? I think we'd be better off delivering stuff ourselves sometimes.

Yeah kev when you look at full list there is loads of exceptions