Sign in to follow this  
thevisualedge

THE ORIGINAL CORRADO COMMERCIAL!

how the feck did they get the handbrake to work for the turn at the end?!? ;) :lol: :twisted:

Great find there thevisualedge, how on earth did you unearth that?!? 8)

Works fine in Quicktime here Kev... you got the latest version?

Fantastic! :D

Although i think the comercial is poor... :wink:

It would be suberb with that marvelous roar from the charger! :D

kevhaywire, yep, had same problem as you, however, updated my Quicktime to the latest free version, plays fine now.

Ah, erm, not totally sure, in properties it says created April 03, if that helps. Program list on PC calls it Quicktime 32 bit.

Sorry, I was being a dumb arse. Works now :lol:

Cool ad! Some nifty driving going on there......and 158bhp?? Where'd the other 2 go??

You can see how hot it must be there kev... the puny stock intercooler has no hope :)

thevisualedge you da man 8)

ive been looking for this for ages :D

where the hell did you find it ?

are there any more cool ads about?

ooh and i just noticed its an mp4 so it will work on my phone as well 8)

Hey thanks for all the compliments guys ... much appreciated.

As you can see, I'm a newb here on this forum (which is mostly to blame for me accidentally posting this twice). I've been a regular on the VWVortex forums for about a year, and for the past few months there were several people asking about where they could see the commercial. No one knew where to find it online, and it seemed like only one guy had it on VHS.

After looking more closely, I realized that this guy with the VHS copy lived not only in the same town as me, but about three blocks away. So he dropped the tape off to my place. I work in graphic design/film & video, so I was able to digitize the footage and encode it in MPEG-4 format. The response on Vortex has been so overwhelming it's hilarious!

Now, of course, we're on the hunt for the elusive VR6 commercial.

Oh, and for those of you having trouble viewing, just make sure you've got the latest version of QuickTime. It's free and it's awesome.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Now, of course, we're on the hunt for the elusive VR6 commercial.

/

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ..............now i like the sound of that! :D :D :D :D ...............btw welcome to the forum and thanks for the Corrado ad :D

Just been perusing the Corrado Club of Canada forum and came across this bit of trivia...

I so glad that I finally got to see the Corrado commercial. Interesting bit of info, in the scene right after the shot of the bug falling from the helicopter's point of view, where the Rado buzzes the cam kicks up dirt and keeps going. The shot was done 5 times, on the fifth time the stunt driver drove too close and actually hit the camera man, breaking his hip and two ribs. That was the shot that they used for the commercial. They dropped 12 Bugs to get the shots they wanted, and the helicopter they used was painted bright pink so VW had to have it painted black and then repainted pink after the second day of shooting to fulfill their contract with the guy who owned it.

Coool :D