Sign in to follow this  
Andi

Group Buy: Indiglo black Corrado dials - Abandonned

I have sent everyone on the list a PM with regard to the design. If you could get back to me ASAP in order to push this through.

Basically the company manufacturing the dial don't recommend keepin the dials black during the day as it will be difficult to read the BLUE and RED markings on the dials. They give off the indiglo look when the are lit up and the surrounding area is dark(thats what i could decifer from the technical jargon they were talking about). As white was dismissed in the original vote, the company came back to me with the suggestion that we go with a SILVER dial during daylight(Aluminium look) that will change to black at night.

Thoughts from those on the list only please if you are not buying into this, please do not comment, in order to keep things from getting out of hand :!: :evil:

For all those on the list who did not recieve the PM this is the basic content I need to

finalise the Design in order to get the production started.

The first set lets you see the silver effect

BUT FOR SOMETHING SPECIAL THAT THE CORRADO DESERVES CHECK OUT THE SECOND SET THIS COULD BE THE WAY FORWARD.

If enough people show interest i can check out if the HALO effect is available in silver 8) 8)

I'm sorry, I know this post isn't supposed to be here, but I can't find anyone offering to sell the second set of dials in their set! :)

Any information would be muchos appreciated.

Cheers!

I'd prefer black, are mk IV golf dials not very visible in daylight then?

Don't like the thought of silver, smells of halfords/nova boy.

I'd prefer black, are mk IV golf dials not very visible in daylight then?

Don't like the thought of silver, smells of halfords/nova boy.

I agree, I really like the the current VW dials and that's the look I'm after (it's the thing I miss most about my Polo GTI, except maybe the climatronic A/C). I'm not at all sure about silver ones.

no pm here either Dick but from your pics both night time pics are okay and look quite modern. I think the main question will be what the dials will look like during the day. I too would prefer an understated look (ie black rather than silver) as this is more in keeping with the original look but you have the advantage of the updated look at night.

Sorry, drop me off the list

Not as keen to be honest... Those images are a bit different to the DDI dials that were shown by Andi at the start of the thread... and thats the style I wanted.

If they look good on the car then I'll maybe pick up one of the 2nd sets that'll hopefully be floating around after this has gone through.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

I agree with Storm2, like to have the understated look with the black dials not silver. The orginal one at the start of the thread are the ones I was really after.

Agree would prefer black instead of silver but hey ho

Agreed too - I want the original white illumination and black background, as we've done this pole already........

The great consensus wanted black-by-day-AND-nght.

I don't want to Rice up 50 Corrado's at once, we're all grown-ups here who know better than to shop at Ripspeed in Halfords.

And I never received the PM either... :roll:

yup, I wanted 'em to be as OEM, only with the white and red bits glowing white and red at night...

I can make silver dials myself (and actually have them fitted at the moment!) but these would be something a little different and just nice... 8)

oh, ok. thought that was someone totally different :oops: they look 8)

Well it is something totally different, but they look good and they'll be ready as soon as 20 people put their names down...