VEEDUBBED

90's preformance cars..

Who's been checking the prices of old Lancia delta evo's and Cosworths lately?

A bare ferkin delta evo shell, cracks and all goes for 9000€! Engines 3000+€! Interiors 1500€!

Come on ffs, even an old Weber/Marelli grey 3 Bar Map sensor £100+ for a component that's almost 25 years old.. I should have nicked more of them back In the '90's and cashed in..

Still would love to get a Lancia Delta-always hankered after one but useless with spanners and got the impression they were quite high maintenance. Still keep an eye on the classifieds-there is a delta 16v in at Walkers in Yorkshire for £21k and I'm almost certain it was one I looked at before I plumped for the corrado a few years back. At that time they were asking £10k or thereabouts. Hope the corrado prices go the same way!

Still would love to get a Lancia Delta-always hankered after one but useless with spanners and got the impression they were quite high maintenance. Still keep an eye on the classifieds-there is a delta 16v in at Walkers in Yorkshire for £21k and I'm almost certain it was one I looked at before I plumped for the corrado a few years back. At that time they were asking £10k or thereabouts. Hope the corrado prices go the same way!

Project for you

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272350967009

I almost bought a red Evo2 about 7-8 years ago. Good condition and its was £13k......be looking £30k+ now. Missed the boat on that one.

Have to admit I was back looking at them last year when considering I had to get one before they become silly prices but decided they already had and that I wouldn't enjoy driving it due to that. They do seem robust enough, its just some areas of rust to look for but that's it. They don't seem that much worse than other cars of that era.

Just shows what motorsport providence does for a car.

Are you sitting comfortably?

Years ago my brother in law was a solicitor and had 20k for a company car. He bought a G or H plate Integrale from a dealer for 13k. He had it converted properly to right hand drive. Well, I got the keys for two weeks between Christmas and New Years. Our neighbour at the time offered to swap his Mrs for the car!

We would go out for a drive and ended up in the Cotswolds with snow all around. It held the road like nothing else I've driven that was road legal. The first week and a half were great as I was commuting from Poole to Salisbury every day. I had a fair few races on the Bournemouth bypass, the highlight was out running a Sierra Cosworth with the big whale tail. It was all going so well, but I was running out of cash to feed it with fuel so had to spend the last few days at a miserable 50.

When bro' in laws term had finished with the car, he always had a buy back option. It was... 3.5k and he offered it to me. Regrets. Yep. But we had no money and you really have to spend to keep on top of maintenance.

It's Always Like that..

Try servicing one of the buggers or, god forbid, cambelt or clutch change!!

Utterly crap interiors, bar the Recaro seats, engines do in cranks if run low on oil, balancer belts snap, as do the silly under engineered cambelts..

BUT, come across one in the street, even now after 20+ years and it's guaranteed you'll stop and admire.

It's Always Like that..

Try servicing one of the buggers or, god forbid, cambelt or clutch change!!

Utterly crap interiors, bar the Recaro seats, engines do in cranks if run low on oil, balancer belts snap, as do the silly under engineered cambelts..

BUT, come across one in the street, even now after 20+ years and it's guaranteed you'll stop and admire.

Yep. The interior was crap and not that comfy. But your right. Every time I see one I go all woggly-eyed!

My mates still got one And.

He is 51 now,had it since He was 22.

He always loved the Italian cars right back to his old Fiat 131 twin cam.

Its a lefty but still good money for it.

I do envy Him Lol

I've just sold this to move into Corrado ownership. I know there is a big argument on what car is the best front wheel drive car of all time but this is definitely up there if not the best! Did I just say that? :-)

5831C2CB-517F-4517-BE29-338BACB6E691.jpg

I've got a black 16v hf and they really are money pits! I've spent over 10k in the last two years to keep it running. It really is worth it though......nothing else handles like it! It's currently sat at my parents as I buggered an HT lead. Got the new set today so back in the road shortly. The only people who recognize what it is are middle age builders and tramps ha ha. Fuelling indeed ain't cheap! I too used to work in Salisbury and travel from Bournemouth every day!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

A car that i regret selling from this era was a golf rallye - i know its not in the same league as the lancia as it did not prove itself where it was meant to be on the world rally stages - i bought this car for 10k with 50,000km in 2000 it had a fantastic spec with the optional full electric recaro seats - it was just one of those cars at the time just everthing went wrong - the abs failed, the exhaust failed (genuine), the steering rack failed, the rear transfer box began to leak, then to top it off i parked it at my parents house only to find that as the brakes cooled it rolled down the hill and collided with my dads new merc. his had a slight scuff on the rear bumper and the door on my golf had caved in - should have put it in gear DOH. Any way over the couple of months spent £750.00 on a new door, £1,000 on a new genuine exhaust - vw uk at the time had 2 left. Got a replacement rack fitted for £500, ABS £250, Transfer box seals £300. at the end of the year i just hated the sight of the thing and did not drive it and worst of all i traded it in for a mk3 golf gti and got £4000 for it part exchange. Looking back at it now whoever got it probably got several years of maintenance free driving and i have been following prices of these and seen one sold for 22k.

Mine and my mates delta integrale. It's a bit of a weird one, it's a proper integrale but it's 4 stud and doesn't have the big bumpers. It was converted to rhd at some point in its life.

Absolutely beautiful car and sounds awesome, only beat me once down the strip though!

Unfortunately he found out the hard way those things are expensive, currently rebuilding the engine after a cracked head... Ouch!

bd6866e61a4e74644694fe5fb1feccc0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mine and my mates delta integrale. It's a bit of a weird one, it's a proper integrale but it's 4 stud and doesn't have the big bumpers. It was converted to rhd at some point in its life.

Absolutely beautiful car and sounds awesome, only beat me once down the strip though!

Unfortunately he found out the hard way those things are expensive, currently rebuilding the engine after a cracked head... Ouch!

bd6866e61a4e74644694fe5fb1feccc0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That's a 16v too. They were four stud with a less rounded body kit. Mines got an Evo spoiker and wheels which looks quite good. I prefer the 16v over the Evo but wish I had air con :-(.

Jaybo, you ever need any bits, give me a shout mate as i'm in Rome, Italy..

Cheers matey. I may have to hit you up for parts ;-)