Sign in to follow this  
*Ben*

Corrado MK2!!

Is it true that there is talks over a Corrado 2 motion!! anyone else heard about this?? i have found the information attached and thats it!! anyone shed any light on it??

Sorry to say that its a Photoshop..

I don't know why they'd want to call the car a '2Motion' anyway - 4Motion is to signify the VW 4WD system, so 2Motion would hardly be anything to shout about would it :)

Yeah i hope they bring it into production would be a boss car! Its called a 2 Motion because its rear wheel drive which is different!! well different to VW!! ONLY A DREAM THEN!!! :cry:

Personally I'm hoping there never is another Corrado.

It will be a huge disappointment.

Based on the MK5 with independant rear suspension, or 4WD, and an R32 or R36 engine, it would be far from a dissapointment.

I am sure that with the new R36 engine a new C could be very interesting indeed!!! :roll:

I would too!! would be a good buy another solid German performance car!! who in there right mind wouldnt!! :?

Would you? Really? Why didn't you rush out and buy Golf R32s then? ;)

Just cos it has a Corrado badge on the back does not mean you'll like it..

well if it looks like that picture i would!! well not new any way!! Aint got the cash!! i would love an R32 but just cant afford one!! thats why i spent 1k on a 90 G Corrado 16v and not up to 10K on a Storm!!!

Oh man, the car doesn't even exist - yet - and already Matt's being cynical and negative about it!

Go on Matt, say something cheery and positive about Corrados for a change....go on....it won't hurt, or cost you anything + VAT and fitting. :lol:

The car won't ever exist either. Lets be realistic here. The original cost VW an arm and a leg, and they don't really give a monkeys that the car now has a loyal following of cynical geeks... ;)

Although maybe, just maybe, if VW put another 5% on all Corrado parts, maybe the "Corrado project" would break even overall? :lol:

I wonder if they've made more profit from door handles and fog lights than they have from selling the cars in the first place yet?

Would I buy an R32? Only because it's "new" and I'd have less troubles with it.

Would I shove an R36 in a Corrado chassis? If I could, hell yeah! :D

Hey i thought it would be an interesting topic to discuss the car that we all own/owned and love!! obviously not!!

nevermind peeps!! :?

Hey i thought it would be an interesting topic to discuss the car that we all own/owned and love!! obviously not!!

nevermind peeps!! :?

Matt and I were pissing about mate. The forum generally shuts down for an hour and everyone goes down the pub once Matt and I get going :lol:

Yeah the C did cost VW a lot of money but the company is still very much solvent 10 years down the line, so......

In fact, the VAG group must surely be up there with GM and Ford now?

Chill out, I'm chilled.

I personally just felt that the "sequel" would never be as good as the original, in so many ways, so I just think they should move on and make other cars instead.

Oh right!! :roll:

as for GM and Ford i am glad that the VAgroup doesnt make cars like them!! :lol:

Chill out, I'm chilled.

I personally just felt that the "sequel" would never be as good as the original, in so many ways, so I just think they should move on and make other cars instead.

But the Golf has never been as good since the Mk2!! do you feel the same way about that?? :?

Trouble is, VW haven't got a coupe at the moment. They've covered Roadster, hatches, 4x4s, exec saloons, estates, etc so they really need a Coupe to complete the line-up. Whether it will be a Corrado MK2 remains to be seen, but given the latest technologies at their disposal, it's going to be good.

Chill out, I'm chilled.

But the Golf has never been as good since the Mk2!! do you feel the same way about that?? :?[/quote:81bc6]

So what you're saying is that VW need to make a car TWICE to get it right?

Well given that the Corrado is heavily based on the Golf 2, chances are a modern Corrado would be heavily based on the Golf 5.

Agreed there's a gap in the VW range now - they don't do a coupe any more, but to be honest I think it's just not their thing. They have been concentrating on the "family" and "exec" market and telling the whole world that VAG group's sporty marque is Seat. So there's another reason why there is unlikely to be a VW coupe for a while.

Plus of course the fact that they never made any money on coupes in their entire company history!

true true!! i am not saying that they need to make a car twice but the Mk1 & 2 where awesome the 3...... less said about that the better!!! yeah never thought about Seat!! but it makes me laugh how there all VW companies and they would prefer to send all the money to other sources, Audi, Seat instead of themselves!! but a new C would be nice u must agree even if it is a flop it will be a good car second hand then!!! :D

im pretty sure well be seeing a coupe from vw sooner than you think :wink: The concept c car i reckon will go into production for sure :)

Who said the original Corrado was wrong? The motoring press couldn't get enough of it at the time.

And isn't the curent Golf "30 years in the making" ? Are you not a believer in progress then? An what's wrong with the MK2 Corrado concept anyway? The MK2 Golf addressed the issues of the MK1 Golf and it was the best Golf ever imo, and therefore it stands to reason a new Corrado using today's technology would be an interesting car.

And the current Golf ad has the cheek to use a tune by a band called "Pram" too.

What does that say about the new Golf 5? ;)

Ah cheers, you've just reminded to check on http://www.commercialbreaksandbeats.co.uk for the new Audi A6 music :wink:

As for 'pram', well both the old and new Beetle convertibles look like a pram when the hoods are down, so do you think the Germans are showing signs of humour? Nah.....coincidental!

Edit: Arse....it's not on there yet. So to anyone that knows what the music to the new A6 advert is, let me know!! It sounds a bit like 'Boards of Canada' type stuff, crossed with Jean Michel-Jarre! I like that sort of stuff, keeps me chilled during the urban grind.